Latest TV Shows resets after show move?

cappapp

cappapp

Hi,

I'm not sure if I need to change a setting or not. But my TV shows library points to 2 locations. One is on the same server emby is on, the other is an archive server. Both Unraid servers.

All works good with playback and everything. But this little bug happens when I migrate a TV Show from one server to the other. It drops off initially (expected) and then gets picked up automatically (that's good). It moves up the list in latest TV Shows, which I probably guess these some new file in the meta data or directory during the transfer for some reason. That's OK. Not really a big deal.

The thing that's a little more annoying is that on the home screen either web or phone app. Latest TV Shows clears out completely except for 1 or 2 random recent'ish shows. If you go to the TV Shows menu and sort by last episode date added. It's 100% correct. This only happens on the home page.

I only move shows to the archive server that are less popular and no longer running (EG, have ended production and no more episodes are being made), I'm using Sonarr to move the the files. It aware of both locations. So I update the path and it asks me if it can move the files. I say yes. This makes it automatically update it's monitoring location, so it doesn't go and try and download it again.

All in all, it works really well. Just this little bug. Which you don't notice after 10 new episodes have downloaded since.
My Library is getting close to 100tb now, I'm not sure if I might start getting performance issues because of that.?
It's running on a ThreadRipper (w/ 32gb RAM) and CPU usage has always looked good when I check it.

Any ideas on anything I can do about that or it is what is is because of the way my setup is?

Cheers

cappapp
3 hours ago, cappapp said:

It moves up the list in latest TV Shows, which I probably guess these some new file in the meta data or directory during the transfer for some reason. That's OK. Not really a big deal.

Well, this is the reason for that bit. That explains why it moves to the front. Not that it's new files.

image.png.f2862ad8da66c4f466f69332a3c11843.png

Just the Lastest Show list resetting on the home screen every time. :(
(It possibly always shows the same 1 TV Show for some reason at first when the reset occurs?, just having memories of that now.)

So it's got to be a bug yeah?

Edited by cappapp
Clarifying text about non-related issue. Issue still outstanding.
  • Thanks 1

cappapp

I won't move anymore shows over the weekend. But I'll do another 1 or 2 on Monday.

I can do a log reset before and download after if that'll help?

On 3/11/2022 at 3:38 AM, cappapp said:

I won't move anymore shows over the weekend. But I'll do another 1 or 2 on Monday.

I can do a log reset before and download after if that'll help?

That would be great, thanks.

cappapp

Ok. I did it. But it's made a liar of me now :P

I have a theory tho... These shows I moved just now were small. I did that in hopes of getting a small log to look through.

But maybe, when I do bigger shows. That take awhile to move from one library location to the other. Maybe Emby sees it as it half way scanning/updating or whatever tasks it's running during that time. That then a new episode downloads also during that time and then also needs to update the Latest TV Shows list but then gets screwed up and resets. Then it'll only show new stuff from that point on?

Or something to that effect?

I'll keep resetting logs before I do transfers. I'll do a big one again next. Will just have to get logs when it's finished, even if it takes hours.

I don't think the log is going to tell us anything. The reason the watch data is changing is probably because the series are getting different external id's than they had before. You can check this in the metadata editor before and after moving a series.

cappapp

Even if that's the case. And 1 existing TV Show gets a different external ID. Why would that reset all Latest TV Shows on the home screen for all users to blank. And then only add them back in to the Latest TV Show list on the home screen one by one for only shows that has a new episode added from that point on?

Weird yeah?

cappapp

Only on the home screen by the way.

If you go to TV Shows menu directly. Everything is still correct there.

44 minutes ago, cappapp said:

Even if that's the case. And 1 existing TV Show gets a different external ID. Why would that reset all Latest TV Shows on the home screen for all users to blank. And then only add them back in to the Latest TV Show list on the home screen one by one for only shows that has a new episode added from that point on?

Weird yeah?

Because that's actually how we store the watch data, based on those external ids. That's what normally allows you to move the series folder, as well as uninstall/reinstall without impacting watch data. The fact that it didn't work out for you is rare, probably because you had incomplete metadata before, then the rescanning found new data and that ended up causing this.

cappapp

Hey... Look at that. It just happened now and I rotated the log before I moved the show too. :)

I know you said probably nothing in there, but just in case there's something of interest. Maybe?

I had debug on too. And it's not super huge.

Cheers

embyserver (TVreset).txt

cappapp

And just noting that this has only happened on large shows that takes awhile to transfer.

Small shows have thus far not had this issue occur.

cappapp

Hmmm. I have just noticed a weird pattern. This 1 TV Show kept bumping itself to the front of latest TV list, without there being any new episodes. And would do this weird thing where sometimes it would display 1 new episode and sometimes 100+.

I went looking into it and somehow there were 2 copies of this show (same name, but 1 word was capital letters) and only 1 had 1 ep and the other had all. Maybe this is the cause when it's rescanning the library and get's super confused and resets the latest TV Show list.

Anyway, I have cleared that up. I'll do some more moves and see if it happens again.

cappapp

No. Not that. Although that probably wasn't helping.

I think it's just rescanning mid move and getting confused. Sometimes it sorts itself out after a few hours, other times not.

Was moving Hulk this time.

image.thumb.png.9f90481624a31daf0afc6716dbc4d684.png

But if you go to TV Shows menu it's correct.

image.thumb.png.23c225c9eaf74b41b448711ccd4c5220.png

Weird the other random shows it decides it wants to keep on the Latest TV list.

:P

Happy2Play

Yes Home Screen Latest TV can be finicky as it stacks imported items ie 100 plus episodes into one Series view.  And yes only happens on Home Screen.

Example I import several seasons of missing episodes for a Series and I thought it wiped out all latest TV as that was the only series showing during this import.  But once all items were imported Latest TV appeared correct again.

cappapp

Yep, that seems to be the case most of the time now. Seems to be able to come back now.
Or a least for all the moves I've done this weekend.

But previously, sometimes it didn't come back. :P

Could be that show that the entire show folder was duplicated for the 1 episode.

Anyway, few more TBs of moves, I guess i'll know soon enough. :)