library scan stops

ordisabeba

ordisabeba

Good morning,
my library scan always stops at 87%

image.png.e150f79b85a6f97101b0e87571e2da59.png

Looking at the log I saw that at the bottom there is a last scanned file that could be the cause.

2022-03-05 11:30:22.761 Debug App: Running PhotoProvider for D:\00_FOTO&VIDEO_A&L\2013\2013_Natale\20131224_171833.jpg

I then deleted this file and the library scan progressed to 87.1% and then stopped again.
Looking at the new log I see another file at the bottom and then I delete this too but going on like this anyway I don't solve the problem.
I ran check disk without success [chkdsk 😧 / f (there are no errors) chkdsk 😧 / r (there are no errors)]

Can you help me figure out what to do?

I am attaching the log files.
Thank you.

2. embyserver.txt 3. embyserver.txt 4. embyserver.txt 5. embyserver.txt 6. embyserver.txt 1. embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

Unless you are seeing sql errors I would just be patient and allow the scan to finish.

• Agree 1

ordisabeba

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I have already tried leaving the scan for several days with no success. It always remains at 87%.

Not only that, I provide more information, when I go to access the disk after days, I feel it reactivates, it is a mechanical hdd so I hear the noise. This means that the scan at some point stops accessing the disk because the latter goes into energy saving.

Could it be a problem that it is an external usb 3.0 drive (5TB) ?

Actually I think there are some rare cases where photo scanning can get stuck. Can you please provide a copy of this image file?

2022-03-06 18:16:51.360 Debug App: Running PhotoProvider for D:\00_FOTO&VIDEO_A&L\2014\2014_Bologna\20140525_145053_1.jpg

Please zip it up and attach the zip file here so that I can get the exact original rather than a version compressed by the forum software. Thanks.

Hmm, well that was disappointing. I could not reproduce. Can you send me this one?

D:\00_FOTO&VIDEO_A&L\2013\2013_Natale\20131224_171833.jpg

I'm basically just going through the log files and locating the last one it attempted to scan. Thanks.

• 2 months later...
SamES

@Luke, I'm seeing this same issue in 4.8.0.0 with a few photos.   I've PM'd you with some samples