"Continue Watching" showing movies more than once

GnaXi

Hi!

If a movie is available in more than one language, the "Continue Watching" feature shows it in all available languages, instead of only the language that it was played in:
image.thumb.png.79750d11d6eb169b1c8004a1e3939171.png

I assume this is a bug or an oversight.

GrimReaper

Then it is not a bug nor oversight but multi-versioning (or lack of), as you have multiple 'copies' of 'same' item. 

Have a read here:

Edited by GrimReaper

But it's not the same. It's in a different language...
I assume that Emby is built to have separate Libraries for different languages, as you are able to choose what language the content of the Library is, so that it knows what data to fetch from other sources.
The solutions in the shared post, assumes that I'd like to collect files with different languages all in the same library, which completely defeats the purpose of having different language sources based on what library you're in.

I'm not entirely sure how Emby identify them as the same movie, but I'd assume that it has something to do with the IMDb or TheMovieDb ID?
If we assume it uses TheMovieDb, there is a difference between:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/109445-frozen & https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/109445-frozen?language=da-DK
Yes, the ID is the same, but the content is not. Which is why I put them in separate libraries.

Edited by GnaXi

GrimReaper
3 minutes ago, GnaXi said:

But it's not the same. It's in a different language...

On 2/26/2022 at 2:32 AM, Happy2Play said:

But watch is not track by a specific version as you have seen, it is tracked by providerid meaning they are all the same. 

Since content is tracked by providerid (meaning as far as Emby is concerned those are same items), they cannot be tracked separately. 

5 minutes ago, GnaXi said:

The solutions in the shared post, assumes that I'd like to collect files with different languages all in the same library, which completely defeats the purpose of having different language sources based on what library you're in.

Not correct, you can have them in separate libraries as you have them now, just use Auto-grouping plugin, as that is the only solution that will work in that scenario. 

• Like 1

Aight. Let us not call it a bug or an oversight then.
Let's call it a feature request instead, to have the "Continue Watching" feature consider the contents language rather than only the ID of the movie :P
Using that plugin would solve the problem partly, but not in the scenario of someone actually wanting to watch the movies separately and having 2 separate "Continue Watching" flags for the movie.

Happy2Play
4 minutes ago, GnaXi said:

If we assume it uses TheMovieDb, there is a difference between:
https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/109445-frozen & https://www.themoviedb.org/movie/109445-frozen?language=da-DK
Yes, the ID is the same, but the content is not. Which is why I put them in separate libraries.

Path is not used as played state would be lost when media is moved around.  In your example "TMDB=109445" is all that is used or other providerids.  So, every item with that id is track the same no matter the location, language, or cut/version.

You have to multi-version or use the community plugin if you do not wish to see the results you are currently getting.

• Agree 1

GrimReaper

You're always welcome to open a FR in the appriopriate forum section. 😉