Guide Data Refresh is Loading Entries for VOD & Going Extremely Slow

RobertEchavaria

RobertEchavaria

Just signed up for Premiere to watch Live via IPTV. I have the M3U url which has been set up as the tuner and loads the channels OK. The periodic / scheduled update seems to only take a matter of seconds.

But, I am having an issue with the EPG. The M3U url contains ~1,000 channels, but about 15,000 entries for VOD content. When I load / refresh the EPG url from the IPTV provider it loads the EPG for the channels OK, but it seems from the server log that it is also trying to load guide settings for the VOD content and getting an error for each entry. A server log entry for one of those failures is below:

2022-03-08 11:58:07.676 Error LiveTvManager: Error getting channel information for Series S09E08
    *** Error Report ***
    Version: 4.6.7.0
    Command line: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffdetect /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg -noautorunwebapp
    Operating system: Linux version 5.10.60-qnap (root@U16BuildServer174) (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc (toolchain config: [gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 glibc-2.21]) 4.9.2, GNU ld
    Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
    OS/Process: x64/x64
    Runtime: share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
    Processor count: 8
    Data path: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
    Application path: /share/CACHEDEV2_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
    System.ObjectDisposedException: System.ObjectDisposedException: Cannot access a disposed object.
    Object name: 'SqliteItemRepository has been disposed and cannot be accessed.'.
       at Emby.Sqlite.BaseSqliteRepository.CheckDisposed()
       at Emby.Server.Implementations.Data.SqliteItemRepository.GetItemByGuid(Guid guid)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.GetChannel(ChannelInfo channelInfo, String serviceName, BaseItem parentFolder, Boolean createNewIfNeeded, Boolean checkForUpdates)
       at Emby.LiveTV.LiveTvManager.RefreshChannelsInternal(ILiveTvService service, IProgress`1 progress, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
    Source: Emby.Sqlite
    TargetSite: Void CheckDisposed()

I have attached the last server log for reference (however, I removed the username and password from the M3U and EPG urls).

On other IPTV viewers (i.e. SmartersIPTV, ProgTV/DVB) the EPG loads / refreshes fast (i.e. ~10 - 12 seconds), but on Emby Server the EPG for the channels seems to load in ~30 - 45 seconds, which isn't a big deal since I can just schedule an EPG refresh at midnight, but it proceeds extremely slowly to churn through the VOD content which it will take forever since each of the VOD entries in the throws up the same failure shown above, and that just forces me to cancel the EPG refresh and reboot the Emby server.

I'm not sure if the Emby Server EPG load can skip the VOD content, or if I need to request an EPG link which excludes the VOD entries from the IPTV service provider. Any help is appreciated.

embyserver-63782337489.txt

Hi, those errors start coming up due to attempting to restart the server in the middle of the guide refresh, but obviously it should stop and cancel the process rather than continuing to try each channel. We'll take a look at that.

To address the original question, we are constantly working on improving the performance of the guide refresh, and the upcoming 4.7 release I think will help improve it a little bit more.

RobertEchavaria

OK thank you. I do cancel / stop the refresh request, but it usually hangs with the task scheduler indicating "Stopping." Then it hangs for so long on Stopping that I have to restart the server to try again.

In the meantime, I can still watch live TV, but I can't record anything because the EPG doesn't load, so there is no option to record a show or new episodes of a series shown on a live broadcast.

Should I request an EPG from the IPTV service provider without the VOD content, because the EPG simply won't load in a timeframe that makes sense (it would literally take ~24 hours or more to refresh the EPG at the pace it is going when I attempt to refresh)?

Well we are working on making it faster, but yes, a smaller epg wouldn't hurt either.