Identifying a TV Series

scb99
Go to solution Solved by GrimReaper,

scb99

I've got a horrible feeling I've asked something like this before, I'm so sorry, but I can't remember the answer

I've got a program Owen MD IMDB id is tt0163477

I can't find this program in the tvdb at all in fact

In my library I have both Series and Episode metadata providers as (1) TVDB (2) Movie DB (3) OMDB

If I identify the Series as IMDB tt0163477, it does come up with the correct series, Owen MD (1971)

But when I then hit OK, it comes up with a different series which probably not coincidentally has a similar name and the same year: Owen Marshal, Councillor (1971-74)

Can anyone briefly hold my hand with what is going on here?

By the way I'm on the latest beta and therefore 1.1.7 TVDB provider, in case this matters.

• Solution
GrimReaper

Neither TVDB nor TMDB hold any record of that series, only Owen Marshal, Councillor. Identifying by IMDB is used only to match that ID IF provider has it associated with any series, which unfortunately is not the case here, nothing is scraped from IMDB itself. 

Only OMDB returns limited data regarding same:

{"Title":"Owen, M.D.","Year":"1971–","Rated":"N/A","Released":"15 Sep 1971","Runtime":"50 min","Genre":"Drama","Director":"N/A","Writer":"N/A","Actors":"Nigel Stock, Joan Newell, Alan Moore, Maggie Hanley","Plot":"N/A","Language":"English","Country":"UK","Awards":"N/A","Poster":"N/A","Ratings":[{"Source":"Internet Movie Database","Value":"7.5/10"}],"Metascore":"N/A","imdbRating":"7.5","imdbVotes":"6","imdbID":"tt0163477","Type":"series","totalSeasons":"2","Response":"True"}

so you might grab some by temporary moving OMDB scraper to top position, again Identity with IMDB ID, revert scraper order and fill the missing data manually.