Can't play albums in Roku with regular version

landernd

landernd

Hi,

With the removal of the beta version from Roku the regular version doesn't play albums when chosen from the menu.

Hi.  Yes, please explain and be sure that your main channel is up to date because the current release is exactly the same version as the last public beta that was available.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
landernd

Hi,

I am sorry it took so long but iI have been busy.

It is simple . I have updated the Roku version many times and i just can't play most albums when chosen from the menu (suggestions, albums,album artists).It wouldn't play even if i go to album artist and choose the same album.It works fine in my Iphone ,my Windows 10 PC as well as a computer with Lubuntu. At one point i thought it wouldn't play any album but by trying so many times i found that it would play some albums but i can't figure what they have in common.At first i thought it would be the latest added but when I sort them from last to first it behaves the same way. When i click the album,it opens,it shows the songs but when i hit play nothings happens.At this point it won't play either when i choose a song from that album

I have 2 Roku devices and both behave the same way. From one roku i deleted the app,restarted,install again,same behavior.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by landernd

Is it an older roku? Can you play FLAC files? Do you have any to test?

I ask because I noticed the other day my gf's roku will no longer play any FLACs. So I asked another friend with a roku to test hers and it was also silent. If you try to play a video after attempting to play a FLAC album, it spits out an error - something like "Cannot create video player". Exiting and entering the app fixes that error. Videos files with FLAC audio are no problem. MP3 files work as usual. I don't have any other audio types to test.

All the other clients I've tried - AndroidTV, iOS, web - all work fine. (Although I can't play 24/96 files in firefox, but that is nothing new.)

I think these are both older rokus having trouble. I haven't yet had a chance to test a newer one.

landernd

That is it. It doesn't play FLAC's. I thought about it but i didn't check it because ,at least in my mind,it was working fine with the beta version.I also wonder how it behaves with a newer Roku. In my case i have TCL tv's with the Roku integrated.

Thanks C.S.

Edited by landernd

You're welcome. Apparently rokus have a complicated relationship with FLAC audio.

Edited by C.S.

landernd

I am not sure is the Roku. i am almost certain it was working fine with the beta version. I just played FLAC files using the Roku native player and it works fine.

landernd

The  roku is integrated in 2 TCL tv's :

Model 50S425 and 43S517 . Both have  version 10.5.0 Build 4210.

Thanks!

Edited by landernd

On 3/29/2022 at 9:46 AM, landernd said:

The  roku is integrated in 2 TCL tv's :

Model 50S425 and 43S517 . Both have  version 10.5.0 Build 4210.

Thanks!

Can you please attach the emby server log from when this happened?

Thanks !

landernd

It's ok.  I don't listen to music on the tv that much anyway.

Thanks for your time.

Edited by landernd

4 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  I don't see any issue with that transcode log.

Can you please try to play that item and then  follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

Thanks.

I will send a log next time I'm in proximity of a roku. But in the meantime, have you guys had any luck reproducing this? It happens on at least 3 different roku models that I've seen, although they may all be older models.