Hardware transcoding failed on QNAP TS-453Dmini

shudiwsh2009
Go to solution Solved by Luke,

shudiwsh2009

I was trying to watch 4K video through emby but it failed to play. I couldn't locate the problem from the error.

2022-03-08 22:54:48.405 Error Server: Error processing request
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata -ffdetect /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/bin/ffprobe -defaultdirectory /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Public -updatepackage emby-server-qnap_{version}_x86_64.qpkg -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 5.10.60-qnap (root@U16BuildServer173) (x86_64-QNAP-linux-gnu-gcc (toolchain config: [gcc-4.9.2 binutils-2.25 glibc-2.21]) 4.9.2, GNU ld
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 4
	Data path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/programdata
	Application path: /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/EmbyServer/system
	System.Exception: System.Exception: Error starting ffmpeg
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.BaseStreamingService.StartFfMpeg(StreamState state, String outputPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean acquireResources)
	   at Emby.Server.MediaEncoding.Api.Hls.DynamicHlsService.GetDynamicSegment(StreamRequest request, String playlistId, String segmentId, Int32 subtitleStreamIndex)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceController.GetTaskResult(Task task)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.Services.ServiceHandler.ProcessRequestAsync(HttpListenerHost appHost, IRequest httpReq, IResponse httpRes, RestPath restPath, String responseContentType, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpServer.HttpListenerHost.RequestHandler(IRequest httpReq, ReadOnlyMemory`1 urlString, ReadOnlyMemory`1 localPath, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	Source: Emby.Server.MediaEncoding
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Attached is the full ffmpeg log. However, 1080p video works just fine. Was it probably caused by the low performance of my NAS ?

ffmpeg-transcode-00822e84-6f56-4cd6-89d3-e3e2438077e5_1.txt

Was it probably caused by the low performance of my NAS ?

Hi, in this case, yes. The log message needs to be adjusted, but the real reason is that the output is not able to get to the client video player quickly enough, then the video player aborts it, and then the server stops the ffmpeg process.

• Solution

You'll probably want to focus on avoiding transcoding. Try turning off the subtitles, or if you need subtitles, use external text subtitles instead. Our subtitle download features can help with that.

shudiwsh2009

@LukeThank you for your advice. Disabling subtitles did help. After locating the problem, I decrease the video quality in the playback settings at last. Now everything works just fine. Thanks again.

• Thanks 1