Shield / Denon / AAC 5.1

MateyTate
Go to solution Solved by MateyTate,

MateyTate

Sorry, I know there are lots of similar posts about this, but most seem outdated and refer to settings on the Shield that are no longer there anymore. 

My collection of movies are all MP4, encoded as H265 with a multichannel AAC soundtrack. I have a Denon X3400H and up until recently I used an Apple TV, which passed the audio to the Denon just fine i.e. I had surround. I  then switched to a Shield and I cannot get surround out of it no matter what I try. Does anyone else have this issue? There doesn't seem to be many audio settings on the Shield.

Edited by MateyTate

• Solution
MateyTate

Solved from the Shield forum. The latest Shield software v9 has broken it, you need to turn off Dolby Processing on the Shield and you get AAC surround back. 

• Like 1

Ratatouille

My way with emby 2.0.44g ln emby playbak setting - audio output was to not using auto but the line below convert unsupported Audio to Dolby and Digital

rbjtech

Something to be aware of - Turning off the Dolby processing will remove the EAC3 > AC3 feature of the Shield - so if your AVR does not natively support EAC3 (many older 5.1 only systems only support AC3/DTS) then this will break that feature.

MateyTate
1 hour ago, Ratatouille said:

My way with emby 2.0.44g ln emby playbak setting - audio output was to not using auto but the line below convert unsupported Audio to Dolby and Digital

I’ll give that a try. Thank you.