Is there any one with Intel UHD 620 that can use theater ?

denz

denz

I am trying to get my family to switch from wmc to emby but I can't even get the first step of picture to be as good as wmc. The issue is that CPU usage just goes crazy and the picture is not smooth. I tried VLC and compare that to WMC and they both have smooth deinterlaced picture and hardly any cpu usage. First settings I tried are all auto no go CPU goes to 100%. Tried libmpv same issue and gpu much lower cpu but when you look at closely you can see picture moving up and down slightly. Currently watching tennis on vlc, wmc and emby on vlc and wmc the osd scores are fixed but in theater you can see it shake. With gpu you can see the background when you exit the video so that is not good and lastly 9 seconds to load live tv which will be no go but need to solve the picture first.  I tried so many settings that I found on internet but no luck maybe I am using it wrongly so would appreciate it if somebody has suggestions. 

Thank you

mpv.log

denz

No luck. I have downloaded mpv on it's own and the cpu and gpu usage is very low until I enable deinterlacing than screen shakes I think it is called judder. I have posted in github so hopefully someone there can see what is wrong. Both wmc and vlc hardly use any cpu or gpu. The only time the judder is eliminated when I enable some setting and the cpu goes up to 50% but then different issue appears. 

generiq

vf=d3d11vpp=deint and deinterlace=yes are the same thing. And they both double the fame rate, so that might be too much for your machine.

vf=yadif=mode=1:deint=1 also doubles the frame rate, and also requires hardware-copy mode (auto won't work).

Have you simply tried using an auto-profile with a basic config?

Try

[Deinterlace]
profile-desc=Deinterlace
profile-cond=p["video-frame-info/interlaced"]
hwdec=d3d11va-copy
vf=yadif

And disable all other deinterlace configs, including setting 'no' in Theater.

denz

Thank you so much now in mpv standalone cpu usage between 14-21% and there is no judder. The only difference between vlc and mpv is that mpv has nothing under video processing whereas wmc and vlc both have so that is explanation why the usage is so low in those players. 

Emby theater is no go because the CPU spikes to over 50%. Setting gpu output usage is around 20% but you can see the background when you exit the video and other video issues when you exit. 

Edited by denz

HVACPRO

I have a home theater Windows 10 pc with Intel UHD 630 using Emby Theater and does not play movies or anything with video at all.  When I click on PLAY icon the arrow just spins forever.  Using the browser interface works ok.  Other PCs with different videos play them using Theater ok.  I would like to get this one working again in Theater.

Edited by HVACPRO

denz

I assume you have everything as auto. Go to users your name appdata roaming there should be Mpv folder create file Mpv.conf and put

log-file=“c:\temp\mpv.log”

and then attach it here.

HVACPRO
On 3/12/2022 at 4:30 PM, denz said:

I assume you have everything as auto. Go to users your name appdata roaming there should be Mpv folder create file Mpv.conf and put

log-file=“c:\temp\mpv.log”

and then attach it here.

No Mvp folder there for me.  So I Uninstalled the Emby Theater (leaving no traces), reinstalled it and all is working well again.

denz

That’s good news I posted my issue on Mpv GitHub but no replies from devs yet.