Plugin catalog error, The SSL connection could not be established

lmitchel

lmitchel

Recently Emby has not been able to identify TV shows.  I tried refreshing metadata etc.  I finally uninstalled TheTVDBD and went to reinstall it but the plugin catalog was empty.  After some troubleshooting including disabling ipv6 I read the log files.  I found the following error and have attached the complete log file.: 

*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.5.0
	Command line: /opt/emby-server/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/lib/emby -ffdetect /opt/emby-server/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /opt/emby-server/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /opt/emby-server/bin/ffprobe -restartexitcode 3 -updatepackage emby-server-rpm_{version}_x86_64.rpm
	Operating system: Linux version 4.18.0-348.12.2.el8_5.x86_64 (mockbuild@dal1-prod-builder001.bld.equ.rockylinux.org) (gcc version 8.5.0 20210514 (Red Hat 8.5.0-3) (GCC)
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: opt/emby-server/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 12
	Data path: /var/lib/emby
	Application path: /opt/emby-server/system
	System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: System.Net.Http.HttpRequestException: The SSL connection could not be established, see inner exception.
	 ---> System.Security.Authentication.AuthenticationException: The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.
	   at System.Net.Security.SslStream.StartSendAuthResetSignal(ProtocolToken message, AsyncProtocolRequest asyncRequest, ExceptionDispatchInfo exception)

I was able to curl the file with no problems from a command prompt.  What can I do to resolve the issue?

EmbyPluginCatalogError.txt

Happy2Play

To me your system has a certificate issue as all remote connections are having issues. (Emby blog/News, GitHub, mb3admin)

The remote certificate is invalid according to the validation procedure.

But you are on an old install 4.6.5.0 and 4.6.6.0+ resolved Linux distro issues.

• Fix outgoing SSL errors on some Linux distros

Is there an issue you have not updated?

lmitchel

image.png.65b608a7631b82d85f9c48f25d2c04eb.png

I admit I was lazy and didn't look on the website for an update and relied on the checkbox as shown.  I'll bet it couldn't report it was out of date due to the same problem....  Perhaps if the update check fails it should report other than "up to date".  I have updated it to 4.6.7.0 and it now works again.

Thank you for the quick response and diagnosis.

7 hours ago, lmitchel said:

image.png.65b608a7631b82d85f9c48f25d2c04eb.png

I admit I was lazy and didn't look on the website for an update and relied on the checkbox as shown.  I'll bet it couldn't report it was out of date due to the same problem....  Perhaps if the update check fails it should report other than "up to date".  I have updated it to 4.6.7.0 and it now works again.

Thank you for the quick response and diagnosis.

Yes that is exactly right about why it couldn't report. Thanks for the feedback.

Happy2Play
11 hours ago, lmitchel said:

Perhaps if the update check fails it should report other than "up to date". 

Are/where there not red failed attempts in Alerts?

old example

image.png.0c3ae5e9b053a1fc324212b359506eef.png