Subtitles position in LG app

gshturkov

gshturkov

Hi Team,

Any ideas why I can't move the subtitles position on the latest version of Emby 1.0.33.

The problem is that the subtitles are not at the bottom of the screen.

I am sending an example.

Thanks!

IMG_20220304_234247.jpg

SamES

This is always a contentious topic. 

Some like the subs at the bottom of the screen (in the black section), others want it at the bottom of the picture, in which case the position is based on the video dimensions.  This is not always possible if the black bars are part of the content.  

Neither is right or wrong, both options are valid - this should be something that is user selectable - ideally during playback

gshturkov

The problem is that even without a black section on the movie, the subtitles are not at the bottom. I hated that on Android devices before and now they did in the same for the LG app.

I don't believe there is a normal person who will like the subtitles to be in the middle of the screen.

What is the problem to have that option for moving the position. The app is building from 10 years and that have to be the first thing you can do on such an application.

Don't tell me we have to wait again 1 year for the next version to fix that.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gshturkov said:

The problem is that even without a black section on the movie, the subtitles are not at the bottom. I hated that on Android devices before and now they did in the same for the LG app.

I don't believe there is a normal person who will like the subtitles to be in the middle of the screen.

What is the problem to have that option for moving the position. The app is building from 10 years and that have to be the first thing you can do on such an application.

Don't tell me we have to wait again 1 year for the next version to fix that.

Hi, nothing is wrong with having options to control position. We just have to make sure all bases are covered in terms of the positions specified in the subtitles and things of that nature.