automatically download subtitles not working

stefsegers

stefsegers

Hi guys,

I have seen multiple posts about this problem but not a solution yet. I have setup Opensubtitles, Addic7ed (including the logins). Also setup my default language Dutch.

Still nothing is happening. When I do a manual search I am getting the subs right away.

Maybe I have missed something in the setup settings of Emby?

stefsegers

Thanks Luke for your quick reply. I have done a rescan of the tv shows folder. After a while it was finished an still no new subtitles were downloaded. When I do it manually it works.

for example. Married with children

Happy2Play

Can you go to Settings-Scheduled Tasks and run the Download Subtitles task and post the server log when it finishes?

Happy2Play

When was the last time the task was run, as you can see mine is disabled.

image.png.46a07d8730b8cbd4072709aafe70e4d8.png

stefsegers

thanks for your quick reply! I can see there are a lot of errors with Addic7ed right now. The website does also not work over here?

running the script manually is a great way I did not see yet :)

I just started a random episode of Married With Children, but after running the script still no subtitles. I downloaded it manually without any problem.

Should I disable Addic7ed and try again? I am not sure where the manually downloaded subtitles was comming from.

The log is pretty big so here is a small part of it. If you need more let me know

2022-03-04 00:33:51.310 Error SubtitleManager: Error downloading subtitles from Addic7ed
	*** Error Report ***
	Version: 4.6.7.0
	Command line: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/EmbyServer.dll -programdata /var/packages/EmbyServer/var -ffdetect /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffdetect -ffmpeg /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffmpeg -ffprobe /var/packages/EmbyServer/target/bin/ffprobe -nolocalportconfig -ignore_vaapi_enabled_flag -pidfile /var/packages/EmbyServer/var/EmbyServer.pid -defaultdirectory /volume1/Public -updatepackage emby-server-synology7_{version}_x86_64.spk -noautorunwebapp
	Operating system: Linux version 4.4.180+ (root@build4) (gcc version 7.5.0 (GCC) ) #42218 SMP Fri Jan 7 15:31:20 CST 2022
	Framework: .NET Core 3.1.21
	OS/Process: x64/x64
	Runtime: volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system/System.Private.CoreLib.dll
	Processor count: 8
	Data path: /var/packages/EmbyServer/var
	Application path: /volume1/@appstore/EmbyServer/system
	MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: MediaBrowser.Model.Net.HttpException: Cancelling connection to https://www.addic7ed.com/ due to a previous timeout.
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsyncInternal(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Emby.Server.Implementations.HttpClientManager.CoreHttpClientManager.SendAsync(HttpRequestOptions options, String httpMethod)
	   at Addic7ed.Addic7edDownloader.GetShows(CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Addic7ed.Addic7edDownloader.GetShow(String name, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Addic7ed.Addic7edDownloader.SearchEpisode(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at Addic7ed.Addic7edDownloader.Search(SubtitleSearchRequest request, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
	   at MediaBrowser.Providers.Subtitles.SubtitleManager.<>c__DisplayClass17_0.<<SearchSubtitles>b__3>d.MoveNext()
	Source: Emby.Server.Implementations
	TargetSite: Void MoveNext()

Schermafbeelding 2022-03-04 om 00.34.23.png

I would suggest setting up open subtitles as they usually have the most available.

stefsegers

Thanks, will delete all sub plugins and just use opensubtitles… let’s hope it will work

Will Emby automatically search for a sub when a new movie of serie is added to the database? And will Emby search regularly for missing subs?

stefsegers

So I tried to remove all sub plugins (except opensubtitles). Then refresh Library and start search for subtitles task.

Still the same. Manually search for sub no worrie, but automatically does not work.

Do I need to have a VIP account to make it work?

Here's my complete log file

embyserver.txt

What I'm seeing in your logs in a timeout on the requests. It's like you hit your limit for the day and they refuse the connection.
VIP is good for 1000 requests per day but I've never read what you get as non-paid.  This could be figured out pretty easily by counting requests sent in the code.

@Luke could we some something simple like that added in the server so it will only make 980 to 1000 requests in the code per day (VIP)? That would help as they wouldn't be getting nailed by our servers everyday. Would make library scans more efferent as well. Ideally, if we get back 3 to 5 messages in a row of a timeout we could stop and update the schedule to try again in an hour or two.

• Agree 1

Happy2Play

OT: You need to adjust inotify for RTM to function properly.

The configured user limit (8192) on the number of inotify watches has been reached, or the operating system failed to allocate a required resource.

Fix for RTM not working caused by limited inotify instances/watches - Tutorials and Guides - Emby Community

Does this show anything for your IP?

https://www.opensubtitles.org/addons/show_my_ip.php

4 hours ago, cayars said:

What I'm seeing in your logs in a timeout on the requests. It's like you hit your limit for the day and they refuse the connection.
VIP is good for 1000 requests per day but I've never read what you get as non-paid.  This could be figured out pretty easily by counting requests sent in the code.

@Luke could we some something simple like that added in the server so it will only make 980 to 1000 requests in the code per day (VIP)? That would help as they wouldn't be getting nailed by our servers everyday. Would make library scans more efferent as well. Ideally, if we get back 3 to 5 messages in a row of a timeout we could stop and update the schedule to try again in an hour or two.

Emby could handle the limit situation better, yes. But in the meantime if you're running into your daily limit with Open Subtitles then keep in mind it will try again the next day when the scheduled task runs again.

GrimReaper
4 hours ago, cayars said:

but I've never read what you get as non-paid.

It's 200/24 hrs. 

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Per url above. @cayars could that url be added to the KB for users to check their status.

Global (system) download limit: 200 per 24 hours
Detected IP(s): Array
Raw IPs: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, xx.xxx.x.xx
Detected Country: us
BANNED: No
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.102 Safari/537.36 Edg/98.0.1108.62
Accept Language: en-US,en;q=0.9
FINAL RESULT: Accepting download
You are not logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org
SYSTEM should count downloads by IP ADDRESS(es)
==========================================
List of downloaded subtitles per IP: xx.xx.x.xx for last 24 hours - total 0
Array
(
)
You can download 200 subtitles more

• Like 2

Happy2Play

Or @Lukecould that be integrated into plugin settings page?

• Agree 1

stefsegers

Thanks guys for all the explanation. I was not aware of needing to have a paid account. So as of right now I am a paid subscriber of opensubtitles.org :)

I tried again, but still no luck. I am almost sure I do not have more then 1000 movies/episodes.

Manual does work. Here is my latest log file

embyserver.txt

Happy2Play

You don't need a paid account.  Did you check the url I posted above?

What are your library subtitle settings?

On 3/5/2022 at 7:01 PM, Happy2Play said:
21 hours ago, Happy2Play said:

Per url above. @cayars could that url be added to the KB for users to check their status.

I added a small section for checking your current status as well as mentioned the 200/1000 download limits per 24 hour period.

Thanks @Happy2Play @GrimReaper

• Like 1

stefsegers

Thanks for your replies all!

@cayars: Here's the info from show my ip

Raw IPs: xx.xx.xx.xx, xx.xx.xx.xx
Detected Country: nl
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.109 Safari/537.36
Accept Language: nl-NL,nl;q=0.9,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.7
You are logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org as Stefsegers
SYSTEM should count downloads by USER ID
Total download limit: 200
List of downloaded subtitles per IP: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx for last 24 hours - total 0
Array
(
)
List of downloaded subtitles per USERID: 1549481 for last 24 hours - total 5
Array
(
    [0] => 6866552
    [1] => 8071275
    [2] => 3955674
    [3] => 7862642
    [4] => 9002434
)
You can download 195 subtitles more

I did get a paid account just to be sure.

Not sure what this article has to do with downloading/searching automatically for subtitles?

Edited by Happy2Play
removed external address

FrostByte
2 hours ago, stefsegers said:

Thanks for your replies all!

@cayars: Here's the info from show my ip

Raw IPs: xx.xx.xx.xx, xx.xx.xx.xx
Detected Country: nl
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/98.0.4758.109 Safari/537.36
Accept Language: nl-NL,nl;q=0.9,en-US;q=0.8,en;q=0.7
You are logged-in on OpenSubtitles.org as Stefsegers
SYSTEM should count downloads by USER ID
Total download limit: 200
List of downloaded subtitles per IP: 85.145.243.245 for last 24 hours - total 0
Array
(
)
List of downloaded subtitles per USERID: 1549481 for last 24 hours - total 5
Array
(
    [0] => 6866552
    [1] => 8071275
    [2] => 3955674
    [3] => 7862642
    [4] => 9002434
)
You can download 195 subtitles more

I did get a paid account just to be sure.

Not sure what this article has to do with downloading/searching automatically for subtitles?

That link has nothing to do with subtitles, but as Happy posted above he also noticed your RTM isn't working while he was checking your logs.  If you wish to fix RTM also then that link will fix that.

stefsegers

Thanks for explaining FrostByte. I added the scripts and run it.

Let's hope a solution will be here soon, to make the automatic downloads working again :)

Edited by stefsegers

4 hours ago, stefsegers said:

Thanks for explaining FrostByte. I added the scripts and run it.

Let's hope a solution will be here soon, to make the automatic downloads working again :)

I think they work just fine, but you will be limited by the number you can get per day.