.nfo and images for multi-part movies not working

ksarnelli

ksarnelli

I use tinyMediaManager to manage metadata and image assets for my media and have my Emby libraries configured to only read .nfo files (no online scraping).  This works well except in the case of multi-part movies - the movies appear in the library in Emby but have no metadata or images.  I've attached an example of the file naming conventions that TMM is using.  Is this the wrong naming convention?  It seems consistent with what other media applications use. Thanks!

Screenshot - 20220301_152451.png

HI, Emby currently uses an nfo for each part I believe. It's something that probably needs review, but that's how it currently is today.

ksarnelli
4 minutes ago, Luke said:

HI, Emby currently uses an nfo for each part I believe. It's something that probably needs review, but that's how it currently is today.

Thanks for the reply.  It would be great if Emby could support one nfo per set - I don't think tinyMediaManager even supports creating an nfo for each part so this would have to be done manually.  I'm guessing a lot of people use tinyMediaManager and could run into this issue.  Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 1 year later...

Hi, we'll stop saving nfo's for additional parts.

But for the best experience possible we suggest joining the parts into one video file. 

Thanks.

• Like 1