Connection Failure on Apple TV to Qnap

mattyblueice

mattyblueice

Hi I am trying to set up Emby.  I installed the app on Qnap, I have added media folders and its running.  I installed the app on Apple TV, it knows I have a QNAP as it was present on the screen, but when I click on it says connection failure with no other info.

Any ideas?

Hi there, just to confirm, you're able to use the Emby web interface to connect, right?

mattyblueice

Hi Luke.  I downloaded Embry for Qnap and installed it.  I connected to Embry via that app on QNAP and I connect to that just fine.  I created an account and signed in with those credentials to the Embry Apple TV app.  I saw my QNAP server to connect to, but when I tried to select it I received the connection failure error.

mattyblueice

Hi Luke, I also tried that previously and again just now and received the same connection error.  Its also showing two QNAP servers on the Apple TV app and neither can connect

Have you been able to use any other device to connect to your server, such as a smart phone connecting to the server web interface?

mattyblueice

I can connect just fine from the Emby app on my iPhone.  I deleted the Emby app on the Apple TV and reinstalled it and I am still having the same connection issues.  I also tried to delete the two QNAP servers from the Apple TV app, but the app won't delete them.

On 3/2/2022 at 5:59 PM, mattyblueice said:

I can connect just fine from the Emby app on my iPhone.  I deleted the Emby app on the Apple TV and reinstalled it and I am still having the same connection issues.  I also tried to delete the two QNAP servers from the Apple TV app, but the app won't delete them.

What server address did you enter into the apple TV app?

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 10:33 AM, mattyblueice said:

Hi Luke - I entered http://192.168.68.50:8096

Hi @mattyblueice are you positive this is the correct LAN ip address for your Emby Server on QNAP? Was the QNAP NAS awake at the time that you tried this, with Emby Server running?