Skipping behavior seems to have changed recently

LASooner

LASooner

When skipping forward it used to just skip the video whatever seconds I had assigned, in my case, 25 seconds. No overlay just skipped the video however many times I pressed it and then continued playing from that point. If I held it down it would skip though the whole video quickly.

Starting friday after a reboot, when I skip, the timeline pops up, if I hold the skip button a chapter thumbnail shows on the time line and it will scroll through the chapters. And when I stop it will disappear after a few seconds. But I really hate this new function of the skip button. I would prefer to not have the timeline come up when I skip, it should do this with the fast forward and rewind buttons, not skip.

MBSki

Personally I like having the timeline pop up with a thumbnail so I have some idea where I am in the video. 

Question though, what's the difference between fast forward and skip? I thought it was the same with Emby. Either way you have to press the skip forward button.

LASooner

What behavior should I be looking for? Because the timeline still appears when skipping, that's the issue that's not ideal for me or most importantly the WAF

• 2 weeks later...
Tayro123
On 28/02/2022 at 20:41, Luke said:

HI, please try restarting the app and let me know if it's improved for you now. Thanks.

Same issue for me (Windows 10 Emby Theatre, new install). 

Having the overlay/timeline show up each time I skip forward kinda kills any immersion. I've had to switch to using an external player for now.

23 hours ago, Tayro123 said:

Same issue for me (Windows 10 Emby Theatre, new install). 

Having the overlay/timeline show up each time I skip forward kinda kills any immersion. I've had to switch to using an external player for now.

Hi there, what button are you pressing?

Getumzz

Got that issue for some time now.
Hitting arrow right to skip forward bring up the overlay/timeline and it's kind of annoing.

Not sure what happen in the last 24 hrs. But now the auto change refresh doesn't work as well.

MBSki
On 3/13/2022 at 11:05 PM, Luke said:

Hi there, what button are you pressing?

On Xbox, I like the overlay, but there seems to be a bug. If I press the right direction key on the remote or xbox controller, the overlay pops up and I can no longer skip forward with the right direction key. Instead the cursor is now on the OSD buttons. That shouldn't happen. the "cursor" should stay on the timeline so I can still skip forward with the right direction key.

1 hour ago, MrDon said:

Got that issue for some time now.
Hitting arrow right to skip forward bring up the overlay/timeline and it's kind of annoing.

Not sure what happen in the last 24 hrs. But now the auto change refresh doesn't work as well.

Hi, what auto change refresh are you referring to?

7 hours ago, MrDon said:

Display refresh rate switching.

image.thumb.png.f03c77164d7ed54ed4ef7b034fea3e69.png

OK. Nothing has changed with that. Can you try rebooting the machine?

• 5 months later...
waldoverkill

I’m not liking the new change either. Now if the timeline is visible the playback waits before actually skipping. So if you want to skip forward 5 times you need to wait for the timeout. 

I preferred it before when it skipped vet time you clicked. 

MBSki
27 minutes ago, waldoverkill said:

I’m not liking the new change either. Now if the timeline is visible the playback waits before actually skipping. So if you want to skip forward 5 times you need to wait for the timeout. 

I preferred it before when it skipped vet time you clicked. 

Agreed, and even worse there's a bug where the pause point on the timeline doesn't reset. So if you have "play next episode automatically" enabled, it actually goes back to the point on the timeline that you stopped at rather than going to the next episode:

LASooner

Skipping has become a nightmare. The OSD was bad enough, but now you have to hit select or the play button after skipping.

It used to be a great way to watch football games, I could skip to the next play easily, but now it's clunky and very annoying.

please,  I'm begging, give us the option to suppress the onscreen display, unless you explicitly want to be in the timeline scrub bar. And bring back resume play after skipping.

Wife Acceptance Factor is dropping like a rock with these changes.

I'm on Windows 3.0.16

• Agree 1

JoshuaAJones

Same on a Windows PC.

Restarted everything but still the same.

Started in the last week with me but I don't know why.

I did notice that there were also navigation changes at the same time. Ex: right arrow used to take me from main (random) pic to top (most recently viewed) show. Now, right arrow takes me to Upcoming, then to bottom (3rd most recent) show.