Reinstall corrupt emby app

Dariusz

Dariusz

So I was affected by the deadbolt ransom earlier this week.. emby app was affected in the way that it will not start up.. i checked the home directory and none of the files there are deadbolted.. also I have daily backups as I bought the emby license.. so i tried to use the latest apk to reinstall emby, however i get an error saying the latest version is already installed.. what would be the best way to reinstall emby at this point? Just uninstall it from app central and try the apk again and restore from the backup?

Tjonson23

think you could try installing last update. I took all my files out and format my drive. notice when i turned on my  asustor agian that some files was running in process called magisk. sorry didnt notice you tried that installing with apk maybe you could try a old one and then a new?

Edited by Tjonson23

Dariusz
2 minutes ago, Tjonson23 said:

think you could try installing last update. I took all my files out and format my drive. notice when i turned on my  asustor agian that some files was running in process called magisk.

When i tried the latest update, it just tells me latest version is already installed

Dariusz
23 minutes ago, Tjonson23 said:

so i just uninstalled it from app central and did an install ok latest apk and all data there now.. looks like only subtitles were affected as it's redownloading them.. glad the uninstall didn't wipe all the data :) 

Do you expose the NAS directly on the internet? Looks like they're still not sure how the attack was accomplished.

Dariusz
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Do you expose the NAS directly on the internet? Looks like they're still not sure how the attack was accomplished.

right now it's not... but it was at the time it was hit.. i have a couple asustor NAS and the only one that was hit was the one using default 8000 and 8001 ports.. the other one used different ones so there is no conflict and it didn't get affected.. 

Dariusz
10 hours ago, Luke said:

Are you saying those ports were also open in your router at the time?

I had EZ-Connect enabled at the time and I had their ez-router feature set to open these ports..  from what i came across reading so far, other peoples experience seems to have been the same, the ones set with default HTTP ports seems to have been affected.. on the scale that everyone was hit, looks to be it was done through ez-connect, but who knows for now.. Hoping that ASUSTOR will release so more details in the near future regarding the details..