How do I edit settings in Emby App for Andriod?

Bingie

Hi,

How do I edit my server in the Emby app for android?  There is no menu.

It shows the current server, add a new server, Emby connect and downloads.  I don't see any option to delete the existing server, or make any changes to it.

Also, if I try to add a new server, either from the app, or from the Emby Connect website, it says can't connect.  Yet if I point any web browser over the Internet to the same IP/port address, connects just fine, no problems at all.

I'd really like to be able to use the Emby app for Android again.  Any other browser on the phone clogs up the screen with info/options and/or doesn't have decent skip capabilities.

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling Android app on the phone, but it retains existing info.  No option to remove current settings.

Thanks

GrimReaper

Not sure what you're asking there, you need to be logged in to specific server to edit settings. 

It won't let me login to any server.  Keeps saying it can't connect, but doesn't say why.

It's not an ip/port forwarding issue, I've verified the ip/port are reachable from the Internet using any browser from a remote location.  It's something with the Emby app for andriod.  Other browsers on android connect just fine.

GrimReaper
2 hours ago, Bingie said:

It shows the current server, add a new server, Emby connect and downloads.  I don't see any option to delete the existing server, or make any changes to it.

Long-press, you'll get popup with option to delete server.

2 hours ago, Bingie said:

Also, if I try to add a new server, either from the app, or from the Emby Connect website, it says can't connect.  Yet if I point any web browser over the Internet to the same IP/port address, connects just fine, no problems at all.

Are you using http or https? Are you using right credentials, as Connect credentials usually differ (and are usually same as login/pass for this forum)? There is no "Emby Connect" website, you're likely just loading hosted Web app; by pointing a browser over the internet, is that from the same mobile device?

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

omg

My ISP changed my IP address.  It's dynamic, but they haven't done that in like 2 years.  I had to update the A record in my DNS domain info.  Working now w00t!

@GrimReaper thank you for the help!

• Like 1