Dynamic range compression

puithove

puithove

Is there a way to do dynamic range compression for the audio inside of the Emby Android TV app on Nvidia Shield?  I realize this would require using PCM output instead of passthrough of the digital audio stream - and I'm OK with that.  We've recently downsized our residence and the bedroom is right next to the living room with the main TV.  I tend to stay up later than my wife and watch my shows.  I'd prefer not to have to keep chasing the volume between soft dialog to huge explosions.  Due to smaller space, I have a basic soundbar and subwoofer so there is no compression in the receiver.

I know that Kodi has the ability, but I'd prefer to keep using the Emby AndroidTV app (switched away from Kodi long ago because of reliability on the Shield and overall reduction of complexity).

Hi.  Not specifically, but, if you set the app to downmix to stereo in the audio output option, it may have that same effect.

puithove

Thanks.  I played with that.  It may have made a bit of a difference, but definitely not as pronounced as I'd want it to be.

Edited by puithove