Lost all users

dellmas

Hi.

I'm running emby via docker container on the latest Unraid pro. 

I watched the latest 1883 episode on it last night and finished just after 11pm. Woke the next morning and refreshed my site with emby to see if there was anything new and that green spinning load icon just spun and spun. So I restarted emby. Upon it's return all users were gone and I was then 'abc'.

image.png.37cff4b63e451a6bee0d154c888b0fe9.png

No update. No changes. Users wiped. What happened?

Happy2Play

Can you post the server log for that time?  But sounds like someone else may have accessed your server admin account and made changes.

I would probably shutdown Emby until something is identified.

PMed you, hope this is okay.

Also, no one else has the password. And it's not easily guessed. Unless there is some loophole within the software. No one got in.

Edited by dellmas

• 1 month later...
zodac01

Hi, just bumping this old thread. I actually just had this issue this morning too - server was working fine overnight, but then my PC restarted. When the docker containers came back up, all my users were deleted except for this default 'abc' user with no password. Library was unaffected, only the users.

I've got whatever logs leftover saved if they're helpful, though I couldn't see anything myself.

dellmas
49 minutes ago, zodac01 said:

Hi, just bumping this old thread. I actually just had this issue this morning too - server was working fine overnight, but then my PC restarted. When the docker containers came back up, all my users were deleted except for this default 'abc' user with no password. Library was unaffected, only the users.

I've got whatever logs leftover saved if they're helpful, though I couldn't see anything myself.

Never found out what happened. Lost everyone's previous viewing history. Recreated all users like new. Never changed any passwords. Hasnt happened since.

• Like 1

zodac01

I'm guessing it's probably a corruption when docker containers die. I've also re-configured the users, and hopefully you're right and it doesn't happen again. Thanks. :)

dellmas

I would say get the server backup plugin but I got it after that happened. Just looked since  you msged on here and it doesn't appear active. Settings are all blank even tho I set it up months ago. So thank you for reporting your issue. Once I can restart emby i'll see about setting my backup...back up.

Junglejim

Hi guys, I use a docker container called "Duplicati", it backs up all my containers every few days. It may be worth looking into. If something goes pear shaped with a container or data base I can just restore the last backup and go from there. Personally I don't trust the Emby server backup plugin but that's just me I guess. :)

• Like 2