Shield TV stops playing at random

jesand83

jesand83

While playing both movies and TV shows the playback on my Shield TVs will stop at random and return to the info screen for whatever was just playing. They app seems to hiccup for a moment (sometimes the screen flashes black for half a second) and then we're able to start right back playing the same media from where we left off. It's happening on two different Shield TVs (2017 models). One has been updated to the 9.0.1 experience and one is still on ver. 8.2.3. I'm not sure which logs to look at or which ones I should post. The problem seems to be getting worse. Previously it had happened maybe once during a movie, but today it happened 5 times while watching the same hour long TV show.

Edited by jesand83

jesand83

embyserver.txt

Hi, thanks for helping me figure this out. It's a bit of a head scratcher and odd that it's just recently started when my experience has been pretty rock solid for many months before this. 
The errors occurred today 12:34:32 PM and again at 12:35:07.

FrostByte
17 minutes ago, jesand83 said:

embyserver.txt 3.17 MB · 0 downloads

Hi, thanks for helping me figure this out. It's a bit of a head scratcher and odd that it's just recently started when my experience has been pretty rock solid for many months before this. 
The errors occurred today 12:34:32 PM and again at 12:35:07.

Though the server logs may help, I believe ebr was asking for the logs from the app and the instructions for that is further down in the link he provided.  Basically, you click "Enable debug options" in settings and then when the problem occurs again immediately send the logs from within the app either using the cog wheel or the menu under your user icon.  If the app crashes then just restart and send the logs right away.  After the logs are sent let him know what time you sent them and the user which was logged on.

There is limited buffer for logs so try to send the logs as quickly as you can after the problem occurs.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

jesand83

Thanks FrostByte, I'll try watching something again this evening and get the app logs from there. Sorry about my newness here. Like I said, my setup has worked so well, I've never really had to dive into it before!

• Like 1