New TV - Emby server on Shield Pro - Server is crashing - frame rate?

CogyG

He Guys,

Just got a new tv, Samsung QN95a Neo, and Emby server keeps crashing playing some files.

I think it has to do something with frame rate.

Shield is on 4k59.94

Emby plays Display mode 2160/59,94
OG media frame rate: 23.98

Refresh frame rate off
Match Frame rate off 
(When on, server also crashes)

i dont understand……

thanks

embyserver-63781149319.txt hardware_detection-63781149267.txt

Edited by CogyG

Emby client stops playing en server stops and i need to open the server again before using the client again.

I can play a couple of minutes a movie, and then the same problem

Hi.  Make sure you have gone into the permissions for the server app (Android Settings->Apps->Emby Server->Permissions) and enabled media and file access.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/COGYG/homes/CogyG/Emby metadata-transcoding/cache/cache/temp/6dfb59968c2b4c7d8a4e310484327b91.jpg'

Also make sure you have installed the server to the internal storage of the Shield (not attached or external storage).

14 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Make sure you have gone into the permissions for the server app (Android Settings->Apps->Emby Server->Permissions) and enabled media and file access.

System.UnauthorizedAccessException: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path '/storage/COGYG/homes/CogyG/Emby metadata-transcoding/cache/cache/temp/6dfb59968c2b4c7d8a4e310484327b91.jpg'

Also make sure you have installed the server to the internal storage of the Shield (not attached or external storage).

embyserver (1).txtffmpeg-transcode-e5f24504-56a9-4f52-9892-ee56495f6453_1.txt

Did would you said.
ALso downloaded the newest beta version.

But now i wont play anything.

Is this all due to the nvidias shield update?

Hi.  This error usually indicates that you have not installed the app to internal storage:

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/data/user/0/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": library "libc++_shared.so" not found: needed by main executable

Are you sure you did that?

28 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This error usually indicates that you have not installed the app to internal storage:

CANNOT LINK EXECUTABLE "/data/user/0/com.emby.embyserver/files/ffmpeg/ffmpeg": library "libc++_shared.so" not found: needed by main executable

Are you sure you did that?

Yes is did.

everything is installed on the shield

75C454E2-4609-4B56-925A-58AA9AC89CD4.png

And you went to Settings->Apps->EmbyServer->Permissions and turned on media and files?  You may have to re-install the app after turning on that permission.

Yes, for both embyserver and emby client.

Already factory reset the Shield, uninstalled emby client and server, removed everything from libary

No succes.

Also every movie has video <Unknown>
Never had this before 

94D0653C-4CE2-43DA-B744-B41890401C96.jpeg

I just re installed the server, but the normal version. And i can play the movies again.

prob a problem with the beta.

a files are on the shield right now

But still when playing a 4K movie within 2 minutes, the movie stops, servers stops and i need to restart the server again.

i’m out of ideas 

ffmpeg-transcode-fb017174-913d-415f-a8dc-153ffdf9bba1_1.txt hardware_detection-63781848048.txt hardware_detection-63781847972.txt embyserver (2).txt

Edited by CogyG

Do you use DLNA?  If not, please try turning that off in the server settings.

Don’t use it. 
it is on, on default.

It getting better, i pauzes no after a couple of minutes, and after 10-15sec, the movie continues.

Next tip please😉

3 hours ago, CogyG said:

Don’t use it. 
it is on, on default.

It getting better, i pauzes no after a couple of minutes, and after 10-15sec, the movie continues.

Next tip please😉

Can you please try turning it off anyway and then restarting the server? Thanks.

Thanks Luke, i think that did it.
Watched a couple of minutes, but no problems so far.

Can i adjust this database cache size for a faster usage of the client/server?
It’s a bit slower than than before 

372391B3-2BC3-45AE-AF37-92AC5D110148.jpeg