Roku Crashes and Reboots

MichaelK79

MichaelK79

roku ultra - software version 10.5.0
emby 4.0 build 44

I am having an issue with my app within the last few weeks wherein it keeps crashing and causing full Roku system reboot.

For reference this started happening after some recent cosmetic changes in the outward appearance of Emby. One example is that there is now a highlighted ring around the currently selected icon. Just a reference point. I will assume someone at Emby can figure out what they need based on that.

When it happens the Roku goes black, the buttons no longer work to even take me back to home screen, and the Roku does the only thing it can do by rebooting since the app has totally crashed the system. This is only happening in the Emby app as far as my experience. I am not having it in other apps although I fully admit I mostly use my Roku for Emby. That said. This was not happening before the latest appearance changes in the Emby app within the last few weeks to a month. It is very prevalent and happening multiple times per day.

The times that it has happened the behavior that I witness is:

1. Leaving the program on pause for 15-30 minutes (long enough that the screen screensaver is on.) Then I press arrow or play and the system goes blank then reboots eventually. During the crash no buttons work and the light on the Roku disappears. I would say that this is somewhere between 30 seconds to a minute and then the Roku is starting back up.

2. Watching to the natural conclusion of a program and not exiting right away when credits roll. Reaching the end of file. I press nothing and the system crashes and reboots eventually. 

It does not crash while playing. It crashes only if paused for a while and trying to come back and resume, or at the end of a played file if I dont exit before it reaches the end. Those can be used as means of recreating the issue. Just reporting the behavior so that you can work to fix it.

Thanks!
Michael

Hello MichaelK79,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

hjason7812

I just started having this issue today. I go to play a video and I pause it and come back after 20 minutes and go to resume and it crashes and reboots my roku. Also the TV shows no longer auto play the series it stops and you have to manually stop and go to the next show to play it. 

Everything is set to auto play next episode as well. 

11 hours ago, hjason7812 said:

Also the TV shows no longer auto play the series it stops and you have to manually stop and go to the next show to play it. 

Hi.  Can we please look at an example of this?  You are sure you set the auto play to on in the Roku app itself?

hjason7812
7 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Can we please look at an example of this?  You are sure you set the auto play to on in the Roku app itself?

What exactly would be an example of auto play not working and the app crashing? I'm confused here