Remote SSL access

RPSmith

I'm running Emby Premier on a QNAP NAS and everything is working great except I haven't been able to get the remote SSL access working.  My problem is where do I store the cert files created by LE64 and what path syntax to use for "Custom ssl certificate path" ?

I've killed way over four hours trying every combination I could think of and doing endless google searches so any help would be much appreciated.

Regards, RP...

Hi @RPSmith you can put it any place on the NAS that Emby Server has read access to, just like you would would with your media files. Do you currently have media on the NAS or on another machine?

Emby is running on the same NAS that contains the media.  Also, everything is working great except remote SSL streaming.  So I guess I could create a folder in the same area as my media and copy the cert files there but what does the syntax look like for Emby to be able to find them ?  (Custom SSL certificate path) ?

Thanks for the reply!

4 hours ago, Luke said:

Hi @RPSmith you can put it any place on the NAS that Emby Server has read access to, just like you would would with your media files. Do you currently have media on the NAS or on another machine?

Well your question and a little time away from this helped a bunch.  So I created a folder at the same level as my media folder and called it Embe-SSL-cert and copied the cert files there and then I looked to see what emby was using for a path to the media folder and set the cert path to:

/share/Multimedia/Emby-SSL-Cert/certificate.pfx

and it's no longer complaing when I hit Save but the SSL connection still wont connect.

Regards,  Roy...

5 hours ago, Luke said:

I just found this in the Emby log:  2022-02-25 02:52:39.415 Error App: Error loading cert from /share/Multimedia/Emby-SSL-Cert/certificate.pfx

I must not have the correct path.  Going to call it a night.

On 2/25/2022 at 4:05 AM, TYates said:

I just found this in the Emby log:  2022-02-25 02:52:39.415 Error App: Error loading cert from /share/Multimedia/Emby-SSL-Cert/certificate.pfx

I must not have the correct path.  Going to call it a night.

Can you please attach the emby server log? There should be a more specific error message underneath that.

Happy2Play

Can you verify permissions but may need to regenerate certificate? @TYates

Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: Interop+Crypto+OpenSslCryptographicException: error:23076071:PKCS12 routines:PKCS12_parse:mac verify failure

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/100378-emby-httphttps-configuration-issue/&do=findComment&comment=1053636

Edited by Happy2Play

Happy2Play

OT: Not a big deal but downgrading from beta is not recommended as you have plugins that will not load as they are not compatible with 4.6.  Unfortunately, it is impossible to tell which ones if it is more then one.

Spoiler

2022-02-27 04:10:40.644 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.644 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.644 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.644 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.644 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.653 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.653 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.653 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.653 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.653 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.8, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.657 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.657 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Common, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.657 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Controller, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

2022-02-27 04:10:40.657 Error App: LoaderException: Could not load file or assembly 'MediaBrowser.Model, Version=4.7.0.14, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Happy2Play -- Well I was wondering about all those errors but everything seem to be working.  Also, I don't recall ever installing any beta software or ever downgrading.  I think I'll uninstall Emby and start over and hopefully get rid of all these errors and then try adding the remote SSL cert again.

Thanks or the reply!

OK, finally got logged in with the correct forum account instead of the TYates one.

Also, I removed and re-installed the latest Emby Server on my QNAP NAS and all the errors are gone!  Hooray!

Tomorrow, I'll try installing my LE cert and see if the remote SSL will start working.  The http remote streaming is working fine.

Regards, Roy...