expiration of validity period

guibosel

guibosel
Goodnight,

From time to time I need to delete the app from my Samsung smart tv because the following message appears:

"the application cannot run due to expiration of validity period"

So I need to repeat the entire installation process via USB.

Any solution?

FrostByte

No, Samsung inserts the 30-day expiration on usb releases during compiling because the only official way to install apps on your TV is through the Samsung store.  USB releases are meant for testing only.

The other option is to install from the Samsung store.  If it's not available in the store in your region you can change the app region of your TV.  

Painkiller8818
20 hours ago, FrostByte said:

If it's not available in the store in your region you can change the app region of your TV.  

will this have any affect to other apps like netflix or disney+

If i change to US will i am able to still get the european netflix and can login with an non us account?

Changing the store to all apps does not bring the emby app, we already tested this

FrostByte

Changing your app region will delete all store apps currently installed and then only make available the apps in the new region.  When I did it before it also reset all my other settings at the same time.  Another fallback is that some apps are geo locked and then you will need to work getting around that. 

Changing the app region is definitely not for everyone.  However, for light app users, or for users who can't access the usb port because their TV is mounted then maybe.

That's a bummer about the All regions option.  The description next to the option made it sound like it would work.

Painkiller8818
4 minutes ago, FrostByte said:

That's a bummer about the All regions option.  The description next to the option made it sound like it would work.

no, i already tested it and i think a few others in here also did, emby never showed up

• Sad 1

FrostByte

Oh, and another downfall is that Samsung is not accepting updates for TVs older than 5 years now.  So, if you changed your app region you may be stuck on an older verion.  However, it won't expire.

• 3 weeks later...
FrostByte
8 hours ago, topender said:

Should it just reinstall from the USB or do I need to go through the whole download and USB prep again

It's a new zip file so you're going to have to repeat everything in order to get the new version.  Additionally, most people find it won't upgrade so you may have to uninstall the old version before plugging the usb back into your TV.

topender

Yeah I found I couldn't reinstall from the same USB. The TV had written to it marking it as it of date. Painful. Not sure why it can't be rolled out to other regions in the store

10 hours ago, topender said:

Yeah I found I couldn't reinstall from the same USB. The TV had written to it marking it as it of date. Painful. Not sure why it can't be rolled out to other regions in the store

What is the exact message that you get?

topender

Too late now. I've reinstalled. But it was something about tmg? file. And when I checked the USB it had additional files that weren't extracted at the time of installing initially

• Thanks 1