Typical Time to scan library

silver_2000

silver_2000

Looking for some help understanding what a typical time to scan a library with 2026 folders and approx 13 tb of media 
Media is stored on DS1819+  and emby is running on a dual processor windows workstation with gigabyte connection between them.  

Its been scanning for 48 hours and still going. 

Looking for ideas of what is expected and what can be done to improve the speed ? 

thanks in advance  

FrostByte

It takes a long time, but when I do a clean install I always turn off the library setting to generate thumbnails.  Once everything is up and running, you can put that setting on again and just run a manual extraction at your convenience.  

silver_2000

the folders already contained thumbnails and nfo files - we are migrating from running EMBY on the synology to running same library on windows 

silver_2000

32 libraries 
the media and images should be already in the media folders already on eth nas - just need to readd them to the DB 

TheTVDB

FanArt

TheMovieDb

scan is done took 2-3 days 

Happy2Play

That is the thing as all items still somewhat get queried from providers even if you have images and metadata with media.  

On a rebuild I disable all providers and import my existing metadata then enable providers.  

• Agree 2

What @Happy2Play said makes for quick loading.

The downside for you is having to edit 32 libraries to turn everything off then back on again after it's done.

You can make this a bit easier by installing the Server Backup Config Plugin, setting it up and taking a backup of your configuration right before you edit those 32 libs.
That would allow you to just restore the library settings quickly after it's done loading everything.

That a whole lot of libraries for 13TB of media. :)
I've got about 6 for hundreds of TBs as I think having only 1 Movie, 1 TV Show, is easiest to navigate.
Or maybe I'm lazy and just don't want to think to much at the home screen.  LOL

• Like 1

GrimReaper
15 minutes ago, cayars said:

The downside for you is having to edit 32 libraries to turn everything off then back on again after it's done.

Or just kill server machine internet connection completely, that'll prevent it to scrape anything, that's how I do it instead of repeatedly ticking each library. 

• Like 2

silver_2000
32 minutes ago, cayars said:

What @Happy2Play said makes for quick loading.

You can make this a bit easier by installing the Server Backup Config Plugin, setting it up and taking a backup of your configuration right before you edit those 32 libs.
That would allow you to just restore the library settings quickly after it's done loading everything.

That a whole lot of libraries for 13TB of media. :)
I've got about 6 for hundreds of TBs as I think having only 1 Movie, 1 TV Show, is easiest to navigate.
Or maybe I'm lazy and just don't want to think to much at the home screen.  LOL

the media server belongs to the OCD wife 😉
I just handle the infrastructure 😉 
We have about 35 tb of media split between 2 synologies 

13 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Or just kill server machine internet connection completely, that'll prevent it to scrape anything, that's how I do it instead of repeatedly ticking each library. 

Nice tip, haven't tried that!

• Like 1