On the fly conversion of DTS to AC3

RealGandy

RealGandy

I have been watching with interest the chatter about the latest version of the LG TV app being able to request an ac3 audio track when the file only contains DTS as I too have an LG TV connected to a Sonos sound bar that cannot play DTS.

I've updated today to 1.0.33 and cannot find an option anywhere to enable this. Am I missing something?

Thanks

RealGandy

OK, that’s confusing then, because in this post, you said that whilst this feature wasn’t in the pending release, it would be in the next one.

Since that date I have updated the Emby app on my LG TV twice, hence my hope it would be there.

Are you able to tell us if this feature is being actively worked on at this moment, aiming to release in a future version?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/17/2022 at 5:33 PM, RealGandy said:

OK, that’s confusing then, because in this post, you said that whilst this feature wasn’t in the pending release, it would be in the next one.

Since that date I have updated the Emby app on my LG TV twice, hence my hope it would be there.

Are you able to tell us if this feature is being actively worked on at this moment, aiming to release in a future version?

Thanks

@RealGandy, hi, what that meant was that we would convert the DTS when it was not supported by the LG TV. It didn't specifically mean converting to ac3 although that's certainly something we can look at. Thanks for the feedback.