Play button no longer work updating to LG Tv app1.0.33

sakiwi78

sakiwi78

Since I updated the LG Tv app to 1.0.33, I am no longer able to use the play button, the pause button works, skip forward and skip back and the back button all work. Randomly it is just the play that has stopped working since I update the app yesterday. 

• 2 weeks later...
sakiwi78

Hi Luke, I was just wondering if there is any updates on this issue, because not being able to use the Play button, is a little annoying. Many thanks

• 1 month later...
zandive

Does anyone know how long LG's review process typically takes?

Or, is there a way to downgrade/sideload the previous version of the LG Emby client?

I really hate pressing the scroll button on the LG Magic Remote, but that's now the only way to resume paused media since the Play button stopped working back in February.

1 hour ago, zandive said:

Does anyone know how long LG's review process typically takes?

Or, is there a way to downgrade/sideload the previous version of the LG Emby client?

I really hate pressing the scroll button on the LG Magic Remote, but that's now the only way to resume paused media since the Play button stopped working back in February.

In recent months, it's about 2-3 weeks. Yesterday we got a response that they rejected our last submission over something very minor that only affects only model year, which unfortunately is very typical. So today we made the correction and resubmitted.

• Thanks 2

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

zandive
3 hours ago, Luke said:

Emby for LG TV's 1.0.35 has been released. Stay tuned to the blog for the release announcement.

Thanks for the update -- I can confirm that the problem is fixed in the latest version on the LG app store (1.0.35).

• Thanks 1

qazwsx16
10 hours ago, zandive said:

Thanks for the update -- I can confirm that the problem is fixed in the latest version on the LG app store (1.0.35).

From you quick experiences, overall improvements? Or would you recommend for the rest of us to hold off?

sakiwi78

I too can confirm that the play button on the LG TV remote is working again, I am so happy. Thank you for fixing the bug 😁

• Thanks 1