Music Brainz ID's

Forgive the dumb question about artist bios and pictures but here goes. If Audiodb (which has it's own ID's) uses MusicBrainz (a competing service) ID's; then what's the point of Audiodb?

Happy2Play

It is no different than using a IMDB ids to get information from TMDB or OMDB.  The provider has external providerids that can be searched on their apis.

Happy2Play

Can't say I have ever had that issue, but I tag all my music with Picard or mp3tag with musicbrainz.  

I did that as well. I thought it would be the most accurate. Because it messed things up, I did a full scrub and removed any MB ID'S from all my media and started brand new libraries all over again.

Also it was adding composers in and then it would take a song that someone was a composer on but didn't sing and put it under that artist. When I look at artist tab, i want it to only show the artist that sang, not someone who was a composer or a director.

Happy2Play
6 minutes ago, Shai1 said:

I did that as well. I thought it would be the most accurate. Because it messed things up, I did a full scrub and removed any MB ID'S from all my media and started brand new libraries all over again.

Would have to go over an example but the only things I have ever seen is different releases as every album has multple releases.

4 minutes ago, Shai1 said:

Also it was adding composers in and then it would take a song that someone was a composer on but didn't sing and put it under that artist. When I look at artist tab, i want it to only show the artist that sang, not someone who was a composer or a director.

That has nothing to do with MBZ, that is just how Emby works.  

Edited by Happy2Play

Yea, I had mentioned this back a few months ago. Hopefully it can be tweaked in the future. In my mind, the artist tab should show music by the artists, album artist by album artist and so on. My metadata was cleaned so that all are IDV3 and only IDV3, and the only metadata info I have in the files is album art, artist, album artist and album. I've cleaned everything else out like composers, directors, genres etc... Maybe this time it will work