Emby server setup shield pro 2019

f1apjack
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

f1apjack

Hi everyone,

noob here. I installed the emby server on the shield I also have movies and tv shows and music on my external hard drive which is plugged into my shield. I can't seem to find it easily when trying to add library folders. I'm logged into emby admin on my pc and I just can't find the files I have on my external hdd. I do have plex server installed (not turned on at the moment). How can I find my files to add them? I'm so lost.

GrimReaper

Can you browse to your content via some Android file manager, like X-plore? Did Emby Server ask for storage permissions upon install/start?

Edited by GrimReaper

GrimReaper

Try restarting Emby server and check again, maybe folder structure change was not read, having NVIDIA_SHIELD as top-folder should be enough. Unless Shield Experience 9 introduced some new changes. 

Edit: Can you confirm that Settings>Apps>Show all apps>Emby Server>Permissions>Storage permissions is toggled On?

Edited by GrimReaper

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  Did you mount the storage properly within Android?

That should not be required for locally attached HDD. Besides, it's obviously both seen in Add folder dialog and accessible from X-plore.

Edited by GrimReaper

f1apjack

The permission is toggle on. I'm sure the storage is mounted correctly as it was used previously as storage for my plex server (which is shut down right now)

f1apjack

I currently have the drive setup on my network. I can acess the drive from my computer. All files are in NVIDIA_SHIELD as that is the only readable folder on the formatted disk

f1apjack

I'll try that when I'm home again. I'm just not sure how to get the exact path. I could try getting it from xplore? It can see the root folder of the hdd but when I click nothing happens. This is so frustrting! Thanks for all the help so far

GrimReaper
4 minutes ago, f1apjack said:

I'm just not sure how to get the exact path.

A per above screenshot, it should be:

/storage/4AC2710CC270FD8F/NVIDIA_SHIELD

9 minutes ago, f1apjack said:

I swear I followed the setup step by step. I can't see what else I've done wrong.

Not necessarily anything but file access via Android is not a simple subject and it is possible that the app is not able to browse certain locations but can still access them. This is why we allow you to type directly in that field.

Let us know how it goes.

f1apjack

Thank you so much everyone. Adding the path directly fixed the problem. Only thing is now that I've 'lost' the images for the album covers and movies etc. I'll do a search to see how to fix that.

• Thanks 1