Missing Features

KLF&TLF

KLF&TLF

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if anyone else has this problem. I am running Version 2.1.2(6) app on my iMac and Version 4.6.7.0 (Web based) and it seems I have somehow lost a really nice lazy feature. 

In the app if I hover over a thumbnail I don't have the shortcut feature of watched, favourite etc but I do in the web version. However on my unupdated App on my laptop Version 2.0.9(5) I have the shortcuts when I hover. 

See the attached screenshots showing you what I am referencing. If this was a small little change could it be returned?

Thanks muchly 

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.05.25 am.png

Screen Shot 2022-02-15 at 10.07.54 am.png

KLF&TLF

The laptop running big sur has Emby 2.0.9(5). Not sure if I made it clear or not but on the iMac if I view through web browser it is fine, if I use the app it’s not. So same machine 2 different platforms but same iOS 

1 minute ago, KLF&TLF said:

The laptop running big sur has Emby 2.0.9(5). Not sure if I made it clear or not but on the iMac if I view through web browser it is fine, if I use the app it’s not. So same machine 2 different platforms but same iOS 

Try updating to the new 2.1.2 release 

KLF&TLF

OK this is obviously not clear - sorry for the confusion

Laptop - Running Big Sur - It has the buttons when I hover over the thumbnail (I believe as it should be) 

On iMac - Running Catalina - on web browser it has the buttons when I hover the thumbnail

On iMac - Running Catalina - Using an up to date Emby App and there are no buttons when I hover.

So saying update to the latest version, my question to you is how when it is up to date and if this is a change you have done your side I don't want to lose it because honestly it is a pain in the arse finding a work around for this.

Sorry if I caused confusion but I thought my original statement of "In the app if I hover over a thumbnail I don't have the shortcut feature of watched, favourite etc but I do in the web version. However on my unupdated App on my laptop Version 2.0.9(5) I have the shortcuts when I hover." was clear in showing it is the App that is the problem not the iOS, or the web browser viewing but it is the latest Emby App. My initial thought was you have updated this recently did this get overlooked in the quality control testing before it was released. Maybe add this feature to your checklist prior to release.

Thanks in advance for the next suggestion.

The problem is that this is actually a webkit defect, and Catalina doesn't have the fix. To workaround this we resorted to some dirty hacks that caused new problems, and now that the fix has made it's way into MacOS releases, I wanted to remove that. 

If you can update MacOS, that would be the ideal solution. We'll have to look at how to reapply the workarounds we had to older MacOS releases.