Login Twice

thunderclap

thunderclap

I thought it was just me, but a couple of my users have noted it too. You have to login twice before the Roku app takes. So in another words, after logging in the first time and then leaving the app, you have to login again. It’s after that second time it seems to remember.

thunderclap
56 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  This is only after the very first install?

I'll have to doublecheck but I don't think so. I think if you log out of the server it happens again. I can test tonight if you like.

10 minutes ago, mbuhmann said:

I think if you log out of the server it happens again.

Hi.  That would be expected behavior.  Logging out means you want the app to forget your login.  If you don't want that, don't choose log out.  Just exit the app.

thunderclap
4 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi.  That would be expected behavior.  Logging out means you want the app to forget your login.  If you don't want that, don't choose log out.  Just exit the app.

Maybe I'm not being clear but I'm not sure how this is expected behavior. If a user starts the Emby app in Roku and manually logs in I would expect the user to remain logged in even when they exit the app and not have to log in again when they start it again. That's what's happening here, but only after quitting the app the first time. After logging in the second time it seems the app remembers to save the login credentials.

Hi. You specifically said "if you log out of the server".  Are you selecting the option that is labeled "Log Out"?

thunderclap
43 minutes ago, ebr said:

Hi. You specifically said "if you log out of the server".  Are you selecting the option that is labeled "Log Out"?

I guess the wording might be causing the confusion. No, not log out, back out of the app as in quit the app. Not log out. So I login once, quit/back out of the app and go back to the main Roku screen, then go back into Emby a second time it asks for your username and password again. After this second login it seems to save.

Okay, so, again, only after initial install or every other time?

Can you confirm that the address shown on the dashboard of your Emby server is actually the correct address for accessing it?

thunderclap

only after the initial install. And yes, the dashboard is showing the correct address. It happens with both the remote address and local address.