Convert Unsupported Audio to Dolby Digital

mark235
Go to solution Solved by ebr,

This feature worked fine in the Shield Experience v8.x, but I can no longer get it to appear in Playback Settings since I upgraded to v9.0.0. I do see the 3 bitstreaming options that normally appear right below this setting (Allow TrueHD passthrough, Allow DTS passthrough, Allow DTS-HD Passthrough). Only DTS passthrough is enabled, per my processor's codec support.

No hotfixes are installed yet. I have reinstalled the Emby app but no joy. I have also made adjustments to Shield's Advanced Sound Settings > Surround Sound > Available formats, but this also did not trigger a change.

Are there prerequisites to make this setting visible? I depend heavily on it since my Classé processor does not support any HD Audio formats.

ffmpeg-remux-b97c2f74-4a8a-4b5a-b238-4ba1375682e8_1.txt

I get sound, but HD formats end up as stereo on my processor. AC3 and DTS are bitstreamed properly. So it looks like the option that downmixes unsupported audio to stereo is active in the background, although that option is also not visible?

• Solution
On 2/11/2022 at 4:17 AM, mark235 said:

I get sound, but HD formats end up as stereo on my processor. AC3 and DTS are bitstreamed properly. So it looks like the option that downmixes unsupported audio to stereo is active in the background, although that option is also not visible?

Can you please try the current  beta release of the app?  It should expose the audio option for you so you can set it to convert to DD on the server if you wish.

48 minutes ago, mark235 said:

hmm, 2.0.66 beta wasn't available yet from the google play store. I'll see if I can install from usb later

Let us know how you get on. Thanks.