Emby restore messed up

warrencalvert

warrencalvert

Hi

I've had to rebuild a new Emby server and have been struggling for hours to get the config restored and set up.

I'm using the backup/restore plugin but after restoring all the libraries appear 3 times.  If I delete one of these, it deletes all 3.

Any ideas why its doing this?

Thanks,
Warren.

warrencalvert

Just to confirm, I've completely removed Emby and reinstalled from scratch.  Then with a clean install and no libraries present I restore the latest backup and each library appears 3 times in the libraries page.

HI, yes this has been sporadically reported and we are still looking into the cause of it. For now I would just setup the libraries manually and use the restore function for users and user data.

warrencalvert

OK, thanks for the confirmation.  Thought it was just me.

I've also noticed it doesnt restore scheduled recordings (either one-offs or series).  Any plans to include this?

1 hour ago, warrencalvert said:

OK, thanks for the confirmation.  Thought it was just me.

I've also noticed it doesnt restore scheduled recordings (either one-offs or series).  Any plans to include this?

Hi, yes that is planned for the future. Thanks.

warrencalvert

Hi Luke

Attached are 3 examples and below are the times when they stop.

Def Leppard\Women  1:53
Def Leppard\Love Bites   1:51
Queen\Bohemian Rhapsody   1:35

After more testing with the above tracks I've found that on Android Auto when these tracks get to these specific points it will either skip to the next track or will continue playing but with no audio (i.e. it continues playing to the end of the track but with no sound, then starts the next track normally).  On Emby for Android I sometimes get the same experience as Android Auto but sometimes it will play the track fully without issue.

Android Auto never plays these tracks successfully.

Emby in a web browser (on Windows 10) or Emby Theatre always plays these tracks successfully and never has issues, as with other mp3 players I've used over the years.

I hope this helps.  I guess there's something in the file at this point, maybe an invalid value, that's causing Emby for Android a problem but its annoying that every other platform and mp3 player plays these tracks successfully.  It affects random tracks through my entire library so would be incredibly difficult to identify and rip all of these from the original CDs again.  So I'm hoping you can fix it within Emby.

Thanks,
Warren.

Happy2Play

Not that I really know what it means but mp3diag would suggest header issues in the files.

image.thumb.png.bd115547edadc2fb765114ae37a2868e.png

You could remux the tracks with say ffmpeg to correct the header issues and see if the resolves your issue.

Edited by Happy2Play

muzicman0
21 hours ago, warrencalvert said:

This is one of the 2 major reasons why I can't use Emby to do my TV recording.

warrencalvert

It does seem odd to not back up everything.  But I dont have many scheduled recordings so not a big deal for me.

What's the other reason?  Just curious, I'm quite pleased with Emby's DVR overall.

1 hour ago, muzicman0 said:

This is one of the 2 major reasons why I can't use Emby to do my TV recording.

How often are you restoring data onto a new system?

muzicman0
1 hour ago, warrencalvert said:

What's the other reason?  Just curious, I'm quite pleased with Emby's DVR overall.

No advanced subscription option, which boils down to it needs to be in the guide to set up a subscription. 

5 minutes ago, Luke said:

How often are you restoring data onto a new system?

Over the years it has happened 3 to 4 times. But because of no advanced subscription options, it becomes a huge pain to set up recurring recordings again.

Hardware failure is enough of a concern that I won't use a dvr service that I can't restore from backup. 

With that said, I still use emby to playback what I record.