Stuttering Emby trailer

fallenwitch3r

fallenwitch3r

All movie trailers are stuttering on Android TV. First it's loading when I try to play a trailer of my local media files and then the trailer have a bad Quality and is flickering and stuttering.

I use Android TV with Android 9

Any ideas how to fix it?

fallenwitch3r

There is nothing more to describe.  I think it's a Android TV problem. Firetv, Browser and so on are working well. 

The stuttering is on all movie trailers and they have all bad quality and flickering. After some time the quality gets better but the flickering and the buffering are still there. It's not possible to record this from screen because you can't see the flickering. 

Edited by fallenwitch3r

23 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

The stuttering is on all movie trailers and they have all bad quality and flickering. After some time the quality gets better but the flickering and the buffering are still there. It's not possible to record this from screen because you can't see the flickering. 

Can you please play that item for a few seconds and then follow the instructions to send a log from the app?

fallenwitch3r

I tried three trailers and send you the log through the Android TV App. Did you receive the log file?

Edited by fallenwitch3r

5 minutes ago, fallenwitch3r said:

I tried three trailers and send you the log through the Android TV App. Did you receive the log file?

Hi.  Yes.  The trailers you are trying to play are from YouTube.  The quality issues could be bandwidth limitations between the device and the source but it could also be that the TV does not have a very good implementation of the technical component we use to play a YouTube video within the app.  I'm seeing lots of decoder errors being thrown during playback.

fallenwitch3r

I cant imagine that these problem is a coming from bandwidth.

But i have no idea how to fix it..

Edited by fallenwitch3r

The behavior you describe of the trailer starting out very low quality is exactly what you will see in bandwidth constrained situations.  YouTube will automatically reduce the quality to try to make the video play smoothly.

fallenwitch3r

but every other app work fine. Its just the emby app for android TV that have this low quality and flickering problem

fallenwitch3r

can you explain what is the difference between the sideloaded app and the app i get from google play?

The sideloaded one is our standard Android app that we are working on making compatible with TV devices as well (it is almost there).

• Like 1

fallenwitch3r
9 hours ago, ebr said:

The sideloaded one is our standard Android app that we are working on making compatible with TV devices as well (it is almost there).

yes, same behavior and the ui is lagging like hell

Edited by fallenwitch3r

7 hours ago, fallenwitch3r said:

and the ui is lagging like hell

That kind of points in the direction of my conjecture about the TV not having a very good implementation of the technical component we use to display the YouTube videos.  Have you checked for any firmware updates for the TV?

fallenwitch3r

No, there are no new updates until now. There will be android 11 this spring. Is it possible to make it more compatible for such TVs or is there any other way to play the trailers through the emby app?