please help.

AMShearingaid

AMShearingaid

I have been playing around with using NVIDIA shield pro to run my server. Unfortunately, the device can not handle 4k hevc files when it comes to transcoding.  The device has instances where it seizes up and can not be remotely rebooted.  As such, I gave up and connected my computer (old emby server) back up and disabled the server on the NVIDIA shield. 

The issue is when I try to log into my server, to view movies, or whatever, both servers are still listed. 

How can I remove the link to the NVIDIA server from the account so it no longer shows as an available server?

GrimReaper

Which client app? 

Online Web App:

Three-dot menu>Delete

Untitled.thumb.png.8d077e277520b1853c33edd94d8cebb7.png

1958655057_Screenshot2022-02-08223157.thumb.png.3d120990a3efa5e51e65de5d6f1ea113.png

Android App:

Long-press server>Delete

Screenshot_2022-02-08-22-34-16-865_com.mb.android.jpg

Edited by GrimReaper
Screens

AMShearingaid

thank you so much...it worked. I can't believe I forgot that.

would you know why the shield pro was having so much trouble with transcoding hevc files? 

I was under the impression that it should be as powerful as my i5 with 8gb ram.  yet it was extremely slow and had issues where it would seize when it was asked to scan the library.

15 minutes ago, AMShearingaid said:

would you know why the shield pro was having so much trouble with transcoding hevc files? 

Can we please look at an example?

Thanks !

AMShearingaid

all I know right now, is that from a remote location, I tried to watch a 4k hvec video and the Emby took approx 25 seconds before starting the playback.

when I tried to skip forward, the video would not jump forward and in fact if I tried too many times, the Emby would seize up and stop responding completely.

Also, if I were to try and get the server to scan the library files, a lot of times, the server would seize and would need the power cycled.

Hi @AMShearingaid can you please attach the emby server log from when you tried to play? (And the ffmpeg log, if one was generated). You can learn how to do that here:

Thanks !