How to run 1 client and access 2 Emby servers

ErikaJ

Good Day to All,

I have a question regarding the possibility of running 1 client and accessing 2 distinct Emby servers. I have 2 windows 10 boxes, one is a "test" box and the other is a "production" box.  Both boxes are running 4.7.0.23 beta and are up to date. I would like to be able to connect the Emby server on production box by using the client installed on my test box. But I don't want to lose the connection on my test box to the test Emby server that is installed on the test box. Currently I can connect using the Explorer and the URL for the production box from the test box and I can also connect using RDC. However, for some things I believe it would be less cumbersome to just connect to production box from test box using the client on the test box.

I don't know if I can just install another client instance on the test box and use another port to connect to the production box. This seems like that should work but I have not tried that out yet. But as I stated previously I would like to just use 1 Emby client and connect to either server. Is this possible? I will continue to search through the forum for an answer but I thought I would just put this question out there for now.

I have another issue regarding duplicate library folders in my production box but I have read some forum entries and I am employing those instructions. I will open another topic in the event I cannot remove the duplicate library or both.

Thank you...cheers!

GrimReaper
14 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

I would like to just use 1 Emby client and connect to either server

Not sure I understood correctly issue you're having, as it is common occurence to connect to multiple servers from a single client, hence almost all of them have "Switch server" menu option to enable easy switching. Note that you cannot be connected - and see libraries from both servers - at the same time but one at the time. 

Edited by GrimReaper
Typo

MBSki

@ErikaJ The easiest thing to do is just use a browser and access your servers with app.emby.tv. If you use the browser via a local IP, you won't get the option to change servers. The app.emby.tv app has a change server option so you can easily switch back and forth. 

• Agree 1

GrimReaper
1 minute ago, mbarylski said:

@ErikaJ The easiest thing to do is just use a browser and access your servers with app.emby.tv. If you use the browser via a local IP, you won't get the option to change servers. The app.emby.tv app has a change server option so you can easily switch back and forth. 

Yep, therefore

5 minutes ago, GrimReaper said:

hence almost all of them have "Switch server" menu option to enable easy switching.

as I didn't quite understand usage-case scenario. Or use Emby Theater for both, or ET for one and Web App for the other. 

• Like 1

GrimReaper
13 minutes ago, ErikaJ said:

app.emby.tv

That is hosted Web app, client as any other, where you don't have to login through Connect but manually enter server IP and port, works just as well for local servers.

Use app.emby.media.

819072935_Screenshot2022-02-08225003.thumb.png.1f7aab8cf63cf83f04d37a5bea44c940.png

1453553629_Screenshot2022-02-08225019.thumb.png.eaa5d5a91dafa98312c40122e321e4da.png

841857431_Screenshot2022-02-08225040.thumb.png.5c3e49fc208172bd898bb92493a10b01.png

Edited by GrimReaper
Screens
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mbarylski said:

Or just have two tabs - each one pointing to the proper IP address...