Impossible to start 4K video - HD video start after 30 seconds

gusalex

Hi,

I have a QNAP TS-251+, and I installed docker image of EmbyServer v4.7.0.23.

It's already a certain time that I have issue to start 4K video with subtitle, and now, I have issue with HD video (1080p) that start after 30 seconds.

With version 4.7.0.23, I have now error message "No compatible streams are currently available..." with 4K videos.

I know that I can read those videos on my TV (LG OLED55C7V-Z) in DLNA.

So, I don't want EmbyServer to try to do transcode. I just need that EmbyServer stream the original video.

Someone can help me ?

Thanks,

Alex

PS: in attachment, the generated report where I see a few errors.

embyserver-report.txt

Happy2Play

Sorry none of those ffmpeg logs are for 4.7.0.23 they are from 4.7.0.10.

Does this only happen on items with excessive subtitles?

But looks like this error references OUT-OF-MEMORY

Process exited with code 137 - Failed

linux - ffmpeg closes with return code 137 - Stack Overflow

Exit code 137 - [OUT-OF-MEMORY]

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Happy2Play said:

Sorry none of those ffmpeg logs are for 4.7.0.23 they are from 4.7.0.10.

Does this only happen on items with excessive subtitles?

But looks like this error references OUT-OF-MEMORY

Process exited with code 137 - Failed

linux - ffmpeg closes with return code 137 - Stack Overflow

Exit code 137 - [OUT-OF-MEMORY]

Totally missed that, great catch. 

@gusalex can you please update to the latest beta release and then re-evaluate? Thanks.

Happy2Play
Just now, Luke said:

Totally missed that, great catch. 

@gusalex can you please update to the latest beta release and then re-evaluate? Thanks.

That is the thing, server log in first post is .23 but those ffmpeg logs are .10.  Server log shows the 137 error.

Hi All,

thanks for your feedback.

Sorry for the mistake of logs files. The reason is that I tested several docker version, but issue remains.

So, I decided to install version build for NAS QNAP (version 4.6.7.0), and installed it from the App Center. I created only 1 media library (TV show that contains 4K video). I had the surprise that 4K video and subtitle was working fine. So, I installed Emby extension Backup to upload my customizing, and crap, it was not working anymore.

Then, 2 possibilities: my collection is too big or backup extension creates mess in Emby Server.

So, this morning, I decided to install Emby in docker, version 4.7.0.23 beta (as Luke asked me), and created media libraries that contain 4K video. Video start properly (4K and HD 1080p), but I'm back to my original problem (the one that I had in the past): the subtitle is showed after more than 1 minute.

I played with Emby parameters, and I discovered that parameter "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" (in Transcoding section) creates the problem. When it's not activated, the video cannot be played. When it's activated, I have to wait more than 1 minute to have subtitle on the TV.

I added 2 logs:

- embyserver-logs-with-extraction.zip => parameter "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" is activated, and video can start with delay of showing subtitle

- embyserver-logs-without.zip => parameter "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" is not activated, and video cannot start

Thanks,

Alex

embyserver-logs-with-extraction.zip embyserver-logs-without-extraction.zip

- embyserver-logs-without.zip => parameter "Allow subtitle extraction on the fly" is not activated, and video cannot start

Hi, it's because your server cannot transcode quickly enough for this to be playable. This setting is not really intended to be a preference that you flip back and forth. It's really depending on what works best for your system depending on the performance of your hardware.