Emby Ignoring Default Subtitle Flags

Fixel99

I have 2 subtitle tracks for my media. One which has a forced flag and one which has a default flag. For some reason the forced one is the one getting selected rather than the default.

image.png.78145dde776cf1c5f46d7e99765e149c.pngimage.png.d8703d0814db2d7ed156b344cfabae62.png

Hello Fixel99,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Happy2Play

Yes it appears Forced tags are superseding Default tags when Default option is selected.  Devs will have to comment more as this option looks at both of these flags.

pünktchen

@Happy2Play is right. "Forced" is superseding "Default" and Emby is doing it right. From the mkv wiki: "... Now on to the "forced display" flag, in short "forced". If this is set to "on", this track must be played/shown no matter what the user selected for his preferences or what the player would normally chose to show/play. ..."

• Agree 1

rbjtech

As above - Forced will always supersede Default - there is nothing wrong here.. ?

If you need to ignore the 'Forced' (for some reason) then you need to remove it's Forced Flag in the source file - using mkvtoolnix (header editor) or such tools.

@rbjtech I was confused as I had done this after punk pointed it out, however I ended up needing to also refresh metadata/scan library files in order for this to take effect. Thanks! That was really the last major thing bugging me from making the switch from Plex.

• Like 1