First Time I Pause a Recording it Kicks Me Out to Live TV

JackBowman

JackBowman

This happens only once a day for some reason. When playing a recording for the first time if I hit pause I am kicked outof the recording to Live TV. I have to restart playing the recording and fast forward to where I was watching. This only happens once and then everything behaves the rest of the day on other times that I pause. I have learned to live with it by pausing after a few seconds of play and then just restarting the recording. Not a huge issue at all, but I was wondering if anyone elses has experienced this behavior?  Thanks! 

My setup: Roku Ultra, dedicated Windows 10 server, HDomeRun tunners -  HDHomeRun Prime and HDHomerun Duo

Just now, JackBowman said:

I hit pause I am kicked outof the recording to Live TV

Hi.  What is "to Live TV"?  You mean a live channel starts playing?

I've seen a somewhat similar behavior on a random basis.  Based on how I use the Roku app, it occurs when skipping ahead as I don't typically pause recordings, however when I get to the point of resuming play, Emby Roku will successfully resume from the point at which it jumped out to a live TV station, IF I simply wait a for a few seconds before hitting play.  Seems to give Emby Roku a chance to sync up the "resume" point from Emby server.

JackBowman
8 hours ago, ebr said:

Hi.  What is "to Live TV"?  You mean a live channel starts playing?

Yes, Usually the first channel in the guide. Thanks for your attention to this. 

Edited by JackBowman

JackBowman
7 hours ago, richt said:

I've seen a somewhat similar behavior on a random basis.  Based on how I use the Roku app, it occurs when skipping ahead as I don't typically pause recordings, however when I get to the point of resuming play, Emby Roku will successfully resume from the point at which it jumped out to a live TV station, IF I simply wait a for a few seconds before hitting play.  Seems to give Emby Roku a chance to sync up the "resume" point from Emby server.

Yes, I have had this happen randomly when fast forwarding through commercials. Does not happen a lot though. I did notice that waiting a bit does allow the resume option to appear. Thanks for the input!

Since this is a seemingly random occurring issue, you may have to settle for some fairly large logs.  In addition to the Emby server logs, I'll turn on debug in the Emby Roku app and note the time at which it next occurs.   May take a day or 2 before the problem occurs.

Okay, let us know how it goes.

Exactly how are you starting to play the recording?  I'm at a loss for how you could get from a recording to live TV all of a sudden playing.

JackBowman

Okay I will grab the logs next time it happens. Like I said it usually happens first time on any given day I pause a recorded program. I will try it in the morning first thing. Thank you for your help! 

• Thanks 1

JackBowman

Well, It seems to be working just fine now. Maybe the last update with the UI improvments changed something. I have no idea? Nevermind. 😛