Newbie with questions about playing recording-in-progress

wimK

I read and tried a lot of things, but I can't figure it out. Can anyone help me, please?

I have Kodi, Emby (webif, chrome, http://localhost:8097/web/index.html#!/home) and OBSstudio all on my windows desktop.

With obsstudio I am recording the screen to a ts-file (also tried mp4) to a local directory. In Emby I have to scan the library of the directory where obsstudio saves the file or reload the webpage (why is this anyway???).

With Kodi I can playback the recording-in-progress and it just keeps on playing. With Emby (transcoding on? see a bit further) it stops at the point where I did a library scan in Emby of the directory where obsstudio saves the file.

So I thought it must be because Emby is transcoding. Therefore in server settings, users, <user>, media playback I unchecked the bottom 3 options (I think this is how I should disable transcoding). But now Emby says "no compatible stream". In the debug log (attached) I see "The process cannot access the file 'C:\Temp\2022-02-06 10-54-27.mp4' because it is being used by another process.".

Kodi can play the file, while being used. Am I doing something wrong? And if I am not doing anything wrong, if Emby just can't do want I want, is it possible to accomplish this in another way? Maybe using ffmpeg or another piece of software (opposed to Emby)?

Would I would like to accomplish is using Emby local, I don't need to scan the library after the recording started and it just keeps on playing.

And not-local I would like to see the transcoded version and that just keeps on playing too.

Thanks in advance.

Wim

logs.zip

Hello wimK,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

Update:

I searched for the error above and found that maybe an ffmpeg process might still be running. So I checked, but it wasn't.

So I tried again and now I see this in the logs "ffprobe failed for file:"C:\Temp\2022-02-06 19-26-26.mp4" - streams and format are both null". See logs2.

When I changed to output format of the obsstudio file to ts, I again got the

" System.IO.IOException: System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Temp\2022-02-06 19-38-20.ts' because it is being used by another process." error like before. See logs3.

I think the first issue means that the mp4-format isn't working for emby.

logs2.zip logs3.zip

And yes, I do understand that the file is being used my OBSstudio itself, but why is that a problem when not transcoding?

Kodi doesn't have a problem with that. So am I doing something wrong or not?

HI, currently library files in Emby Server are expected to be completed files. That's something we'd have to look at supporting in future updates.

I didn't expect that for non-transcoding playback.

Too bad. Looking forward to this new feature in future releases because otherwise I really like Emby.

Thanks.

• Thanks 1