Additional Parts not showing in web

zook33
Go to solution Solved by Happy2Play,

Hello.

Problem- additional parts section will not show up, if more then one video file in directory.

ex: library/1/Alex - part 1
library/1/Alex - part 2
library/1/Alex - part 3
library/1/Sam
library/1/Dan

files part 2 and part 3 will disapear with no way of getting to them, Additional Parts will not show up under none of visible files.
works correctly if no other files in same directory/.

p.s, combining/hiding part files will not be done at all, if i'm in library root. i guess its intentional.

tested on Windows server and Truenas core server, version 4.6.7.0
library types - Movies, home video.

image.thumb.png.9feef11c5da393014bff3c7b2168713b.png

Hello zook33,

** This is an auto reply **

Please wait for someone from staff support or our members to reply to you.

It's recommended to provide more info, as it explain in this thread:

Thank you.

Emby Team

• Solution
Happy2Play

Additional parts items are required to be in there own folder with no other videos.  So you need to put all Alex items in their own folder

ex: library/1/Alex/Alex - part 1
library/1/Alex/Alex - part 2
library/1/Alex/Alex - part 3
library/1/Sam
library/1/Dan

Split video files (file stacking)

The following are default stacking extensions that can be added to file names. # can be 1 through 9 or A through D. Stacking is supported for video files (but only when each video is in its own folder as in the example below) as well as dvd and blu-ray folder structures. Split videos require all parts be in the same movie folder with no other videos present in that folder.

Edited by Happy2Play

bblackmoor

@zook33 ... I had the same problem earlier today. It happened once before, but with a movie title that included a year. Emby tried to be "smart", and leave the year off of the movie title. I fixed that by going into the Emby metadata manager and manually renaming the video title to the correct video title (which is in its metadata and its file name -- I do not understand why Emby ignores both of these and tries to be "smart" instead, when life would be so much easier for everyone if it would simply read the metadata and use it).

Unfortunately, manually editing the Emby metadata (which is not the same as the video file metadata -- Emby ignores the title in the video file metadata) does not fix the video when Emby sees "part 2", or something similar. To trick Emby into just displaying the videos and playing them, I renamed the files. For example, I renamed them from "Video Title Part 1", "Part 2", etc. to "Video Title e01", "e02", etc. Then Emby will show the files and allow you to play them. (You don't need to edit the video file's title in its actual metadata, because Emby ignores that anyway.)

In my opinion, this should not be necessary, but it worked for me. So perhaps give it a try.

Edited by bblackmoor