Nvidia Shield as Emby Server - a few simple questions please.....

okko

Nvidia Shield 2017 16 GB (Non Pro)

32GB flash drive attached to USB 1

8 Bay Sans Digital tower with 5 8TB drives currently installed attached to USB 2

I am simply just "tinkering" right now with using my Shield as an Emby server (I have a PC that has been flawlessly running, however experimenting).

I couldn't believe how easily it was to set this up on the Shield - the Sans Digitial tower is recognized without issue, I can choose any of my folders from the drives to add to my created libraries, I direct play so everything is buttery smooth including 4K remuxes.

I left the install on the internal memory for now and embarrassingly my question is this:  where are the Emby server / database files located?  When I access the Shield through Windows Explorer>Internal>Android>data I see the "com.emby.embyserver" folder but it states that the folder is empty.  This same folder appears on the flash drive attached and states that there is a "files" folder inside but this too is "empty."

Now, I've added a handful of movies to the server, so there should me metadata and other data somewhere.  I just can't see it.

@cayars

Kev

Hi, @okko

Let's see if we can help you out a bit.  Where did you store these handful of movies?
Are they on a network drive, USB3 drive or internal drive of the Shield TV?

If you could tell us the specific path that would be useful.

If you could show us the folders/movie names that would be fantastic as it would give us a lot of info.
The Shield TV is a bit finicky as to how/where it wants media stored but once you figure it out, becomes quite easy to use.

Carlo

Hey cayars, thanks for responding.

My movies are all on the 5 HDD that are stacked in the Sans Digital tower which is directly attached to the 2nd USB port on the Shield.

I just want to know where to find the Emby server data (logs, cache, metadata,etc) on the Shield as I cannot find where they are.  The place where they should be is in the com.emby.embyserver folder, no?

Kev

@cayars

On the dashboard, click the 3 dot menu here:
image.png.66938d4748306b4108e2b4db6d33bc38.png

Now choose the Get Server Info option and you'll get a popup screen with file paths in it.
image.png.1781a037a13bd8022e4652d93d5f80d7.png

That's for windows.  On Synology (Linux based NAS) the paths will look more like this:
image.png.3f19d63946123f15bd50a69d0d9bbb7a.png

so it's different on every platform.

Besides getting the paths this way you can also restart your server and then open the current embyserver log file and all the paths will be written there as well!

Hope that helps,
Carlo

@cayarsThose 3 dots only allow me to change the server name, I do not have a "get server info" option.  It may simply be because I am accessing the Shield through Windows (Shield's ip address:8096).  

On that Dashboard, in the lower right "Paths" section, the locations for each of these are shown (as below).  The problem again is I do not see these files accessing as I do through my local network (IP address / username / password).  When I enter the "internal folder>Android>Data") I see the "com.emby.server" path as shown below, but it is empty.

I don't know how relevant the beginning of the string is (/storage/emulated/0/) but this is not visible to me.  I have view hidden items on also just in case.

Obviously my reason for access is if in the future I decide to permanently move my server to the Shield, I'll want to access these files to backup and recover if need be.

Cache:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/cache
Logs:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/logs
Metadata:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/metadata
Transcoding temporary files:
/storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.emby.embyserver/files/transcoding-temp

Thanks,
Kev