Emby Server Unable to Find Folder Structure

jwissler

jwissler

Hello,

I just recently upgraded my Synology NAS to its most recent version and then subsequently updated the Emby server software to version 4.6.4.0-3001. However, the Emby server will no longer recognize the file structure in the volume containing all of my media. I have even removed and rebuilt the volume and completely removed all Emby server software and I am still having the issue. Is there something I am missing here? I would appreciate any help possible. Thank you.

HI there, can you please go over more specifics? What exactly is not being found? How did you setup your libraries in Emby library setup? Thanks.

jwissler

Hi Luke!

So my synology NAS has a created volume, volume1, and then a shared folder off of that volume1, called Media. Within Media you will find the folders "TV Shows", "Movies", and "Yoga".

When setting up the Emby server and using the setup wizard the folder addition will find the top level "Media" but nothing below that. I've attached pictures hopefully showing this. The folder addition wizard sees /volume1/Media but nothing further. I'm not sure how to remedy this.

emby.PNG

emby_file_structure.PNG

emby1.PNG

emby2.PNG

emby3.PNG

emby4.PNG

What @Happy2Play asked.

We need to know what version of DSM you're using as the way you set permissions is different on DSM 6 and DSM 7.
Just an FIY: Emby Server current release version is 4.7 so you're running an older version that should get updated to 4.6 then 4.7.

Then after getting to version 4.7 you can consider upgrading to DSM 7 (if still on DSM 6) but should read our migration instruction first located here:

jwissler

All,

Really sorry for not responding in a few days, life got in the way. To respond to your questions:

- Taking the quotes out doesn't do anything. It still won't find the paths.

- I am currently running DSM 7.0.1-42218

- The most up-to-date Emby server version on the package store is the 4.6. If I try to update it I get told that there are no other updates available.

Thank you for taking your time to help me, I really appreciate it!

dsm_version.PNG

emby_version.PNG

Happy2Play

Pretty sure you will have to manually update to get the current server version.

But in DSM 7 there were changes and you have to apply "internal user" to your shares.

• Like 2