DSM7.1 nightmare!

gkrywusha

gkrywusha

Hey guys,

So, I didn't know what I was getting into with updating my DS218+ to DSM7.1. I'm not at all savvy to the inner workings/details. Nor did I know what it would do with my Emby Server.  Well, it finished and I updated to the latest emby server to find my entire collection was gone.

I can see all my files are still physically there (via ftp), but there's no connection into Emby at all.

Any help/advice would really be appreciated. If there's a way of starting over or retracing my steps. 

Thanks in advance,

Greg K.

Ok, I've gone through the basics here and this is beyond my knowledge. I've never used Putty before. I'm being asked for a password after the sudo -i command...which I don't know what that password is. It's not the same admin password. I'll try again, step by step to see if I can do this, but it's a bit more outside my expertise.

FrostByte

If you logon with admin it should be the same password

Did you enable SSH in DSM?

If you still have problems @cayars may be able to remote in.  He's helped several others using Putty

I ran through it again. This time... it seemed to work. Go figure! Thanks for dealing with my initial frustration. If I need further help, I'll reach out and see if I can get some remote help. Appreciate it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GregK said:

I ran through it again. This time... it seemed to work. Go figure! Thanks for dealing with my initial frustration. If I need further help, I'll reach out and see if I can get some remote help. Appreciate it.

Hi, @GregK, the migration steps and using putty isn't as scary as it seems as you found out.

I'm glad you got things working correct.
If you do notice anything strange from the migration send me a PM and I can try and jump on with your remotely and have a look.

Hi @gkrywusha.

Are u happy with the upgrade? I mean the upgrade to DSM 7. Any issues on general daily usage?

I'm asking because I have the same model, 218+, and I haven't upgrade it yet.

Thanks.

To be honest, I haven't delved too deeply into it. The updated UI seems cleaner and it isn't causing any issues (so far) with Emby. So far, so good.

• Like 2