Shield 9 - now DV herkey jerky - resume on anything herkey jerky -

blumamba

blumamba

I was having issues with Disney+ DV/DA approximatly a month ago.  I have crappy windstream for internet so I initially blamed them as they cant really provide a "service" and HAD no issues over my network.  Movies in DV were the only issue doing the hearky jerky (like dropping frames) until I realized the Shield TV pro did not support the refresh rate switching.  Then I saw the box on the app and checked it, and low and behold all my media was playing right. ALL of it, DV/DA all DTS.

Along came the Shield 9, and wtf......anything 4k now is out of wack, audio sync is worse than joe bidens memory, it comes and goes.  This is happining more on the DV side then anything.

I tried different settings in my reciever to see, no effect, no change.  I tried the sheild itself, no change.  For example apprximatly 35-40 minutes in F9 and Star Trek II the audio just goes out of sync.  I reripped and same issue.

The more I tried the worse it got, now you cant even "resume" or it does the herky dance like there was a manual refresh rate change to something the shield cant process????  It did not do this with anything under 4k, now since I have been trying to get the audio sync issue (shield - hdmi 8k - denon x6300h - hdmi 8k - sony x85950h) will not resume or play correctly at all....it just does the herky dance????

I uninstalled the emby app and reinstalled it and that made things even more herky jerky...I cleared cache, no effect.

I cant even watch anything now?

The shield does not support refresh rate switching in this new update.  All my other equipment in the chain have all been updated to the latest firmware or software as of this posting.

What am i missing?

pwhodges

There are three hotfixes so far for this firmware - have you got hold of those yet?

Paul

• Like 1

blumamba

I have been looking for updates in the app store but havent seen any yet.

To further my original issues I cant even use skip forward or back or it goes herkey jerky.  If you dont play from the begining it will not do anything but jerk the screen around??

Are these hot fixes for these issues?

Where do I get them?

Thanks

blumamba

Thanks I will give that a try and report back with my outcome for others.

Edited by blumamba

blumamba

Upgraded this morning to 9.0.1 hotfix3

It did not solve any of the issues I mentioned above.  DV audio sync still out of wack at or about the 30-35 minute mark.  Still no auto refresh on any of the apps (i have the emby app checked), Disney is still herky, and "resume" still goes herky until at least 30-60 seconds skipping back.  The "resume" issue is across all apps, so I assume this is still Nvidia's issue.  

My questions are:

1. where is the actual option for the auto refresh rate on nvidia (not the refresh beta)?  I keep reading this update supports that, yet cant find it...is it supposed to be "automatic" without a functional display "on off"?

2. For the hotfixes, am I supposed to sign up for each one individually?  It appears so, but I couldnt?  So that may be why I am still having the issues??

FrostByte
19 minutes ago, blumamba said:

2. For the hotfixes, am I supposed to sign up for each one individually?  It appears so, but I couldnt?  So that may be why I am still having the issues??

You just sign up once and you will remain signed up for hotfixes until the next combined release.  

1 hour ago, blumamba said:

where is the actual option for the auto refresh rate on nvidia (not the refresh beta)?  I keep reading this update supports that, yet cant find it

I believe when they say they "support" it that means that it is possible for apps to effect the display mode change.  So the app has to have the logic to do that (ours does).

blumamba

Well its just sit and wait until they fix it.

So ebr, you believe that the shield doesnt actually support the refresh rate switching?  Thats the main issue with some of the other apps (not emby when properly selected lol).

Emby is still having issues with the DV audio sync, which I also believe is the update.

Thanks for your time.

2 hours ago, blumamba said:

So ebr, you believe that the shield doesnt actually support the refresh rate switching?

It does support it but it has to be implemented by each app.  It isn't "automatic" somewhere within the Shield software.