Windows Emby Server - Block User and IP Help

Icepick

Hello

First I haven't had time to set up NGINX so I'm not using that at this time. Over the last 24 hours I have had multiple unknown IP's try and log into all of my user accounts. I am trying to add the IP addresses to a blacklist in emby server link listed on this old post under security.

However I don't have an Expert option or advanced or security. I only have some of the network settings listed in the above old post under the server>network, but no blacklist.

I am running Windows Server v4.6.7.0

Any help would be great

thanks.

Happy2Play

There is a drop-down box to choose whether you want to whitelist or blacklist as you can only do one or the other.

image.png.eff9d80c6e79090cee062a81fe9cdd2a.png

GrimReaper
2 minutes ago, Icepick said:

I noticed that how come the old settings that have more options was removed?

Those were never there, that was a mock-up made by User as an example of his suggestion.

21 hours ago, GrimReaper said:

Those were never there, that was a mock-up made by User as an example of his suggestion.

How come it's in his screenshot then?

seanbuff
27 minutes ago, Icepick said:

How come it's in his screenshot then?

Because that's exactly what a "mock-up" is ... some are just better than others 😀

User was just trying to demonstrate how their suggestion should appear on that specific page.

1 hour ago, seanbuff said:

Because that's exactly what a "mock-up" is ... some are just better than others 😀

User was just trying to demonstrate how their suggestion should appear on that specific page.

O ok. I was just in the impression that it was added and then removed again because the date on the post I'm referring to was back in 2018 and Luke quoted "Hi, the next release of the server will have expanded IP filtering settings." Looks like it was never added then. Thank for the info.

• Thanks 1