NAS cpu occupancy increase up to 40%

WesleyK

13 hours ago, WesleyK said:

name " enable subs"  --> i haven't  disable the subs --> emby play media under transcode mode --> 50-60% cpu runs from emby(ffmpeg)

name "disable subs"  --> disable all of the subs  --> emby play media under directstream mode --> less than 5% cpu runs from emby

I think you summed it up with these two lines.

The high resource use is due to burning in the graphical subs or combining them with the video track which is an expensive process if the client app can't handle the format on it's own. The server is flexible enough to be able to do this for you when all else fails.  This functionality can be turned off per user but then they would get no subs if these were the only ones available.

The options would be to replace the graphical subs with text based/srt style subs or to OCR the current subs to convert them into text based subs if you can't find premade text subs.

• Thanks 1

Another option is to play using Emby apps that can direct play those formats, such as our android, iOS and Windows apps, rather than using the web app.

Please let us know if you still have questions. Thanks.

Hi @cayars @Lukei had tested at last night again. Totally agree. The reason its the subs come with graphic . So the emby server transcoding but it is too much workload to the cpu of the nas . Whatever play by web browser or client . it seems the transcode feature will increase workload on cpu of nas when i choose play on emby client such as ios and mac . Therefore. I am using the subs without combine graphic to play the media . Anyway. Thanks for help 😊

• Thanks 2