Emby Won't Restart after MusicBrainz Update

WhackOBill

WhackOBill

I just noticed there was a pending update for MusicBrainz which I don't even use.  Not knowing how to kill the pending update, I let Emby update and re-start as I usually do.  But Emby never came back.  I went to the machine to look on the desktop and there were a bunch of FFMPEG error dialogs that I had to dismiss.  Once complete, I attempted to run Emby server from the shortcut I have.

No dice.  Nothing.  Even tried as administrator.  And the logs show nothing ... they show the shutdown but they don't show anything about the attempt to come back up.

I tried deleting the MusicBrainz plugin from the plugins folder and starting afterward but still nothing, just a spinning blue wheel for a moment then nothing, no tray icon, no appends to the log, nothing.

Any thoughts.  I've never been at this point before.

WhackOBill

Well, FFMPEG had some files locked still in transcoding-temp.  I rebooted and then removed the files.  Then I restarted Emby and it came up.  Sorry for the panic.  I've been running it on this machine since it was MediaBrowser3 and I've never had this type of issue.  In fact, my server is still installed in the mediabrowser-server directory.

Once it came back up, it wanted to update MusicBrainz again so I let it and it worked just fine and properly restarted itself.

Sometime this year I'm going to to put together a new Emby machine with an i5-12600k to get better transcoding performance.  My media was already moved long ago over to a Synology but that device doesn't have the transcoding horsepower ... especially for mapping HDR to SDR.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1