Music Files playback order is always wrong..?

MinnieMin

MinnieMin

Hello. Whenever I go to play an album of music files, when I open the album it shows me the list of files in a seemingly trandom order, despite my music being tagged and definitely having the TRACK_NUMBER tag present. I am looking at an album I just went to right now and it says

06 track six title

13 track thirteen title

01 track one title

and so on...

The actual files in the folder in Windows 7 I am using, are named likeL

01 Track Title.mp3

02 Track Title.mp3

03 Track Title.mp3

etc.

If you want me to include any photographs or LOGS do let me know.

This is on the Samsung TV app and we already established the fact hat my TV uses the older version.  Version: 0.122 (0.122 Installed)   (Updated 2018-10-11)

Is there ANYTHING I can do about this?
All I want is to be able to play my music in the correct order.

Thank you for any help and for reading this.

Hi there, the app needs to be updated but unfortunately Samsung no longer accepts updates for these older models.

Instead of playing the album, what if you play the first song? How does that compare?

MinnieMin

Hey thanks for responding Luke.

If I play the first song it simply plays track 01 and then plays the next track in this random order it has the tracks laid out before me in. So if track 01 is halfway down the list of tracks then after it it will play the next track in the list.
If you mean what happens if I play the very first track in the list - whatever its track number- then it will play it and then the next one and the next one but, as I say, they are all randomly ordered tracks so it is what I am trying to avoid. It is so bad when you choose a pink Floyd album and it plays you track 6 first and ends with track 4 or something as those albums are really required to be played in the correct order.

I wonder what makes it do this and if there could be some workaround...maybe I can do something in the tagging. I will experiment by removing the tags from an album and then trying every damn configuration of tags I can think of and testing them out. Perhaps one way will just make it more likely to have the right order..!

Got to be worth a try I suppose...

FrostByte
26 minutes ago, MinnieMin said:

Hey thanks for responding Luke.

If I play the first song it simply plays track 01 and then plays the next track in this random order it has the tracks laid out before me in. So if track 01 is halfway down the list of tracks then after it it will play the next track in the list.
If you mean what happens if I play the very first track in the list - whatever its track number- then it will play it and then the next one and the next one but, as I say, they are all randomly ordered tracks so it is what I am trying to avoid. It is so bad when you choose a pink Floyd album and it plays you track 6 first and ends with track 4 or something as those albums are really required to be played in the correct order.

I wonder what makes it do this and if there could be some workaround...maybe I can do something in the tagging. I will experiment by removing the tags from an album and then trying every damn configuration of tags I can think of and testing them out. Perhaps one way will just make it more likely to have the right order..!

Got to be worth a try I suppose...

Do they display in the correct order with the web client?