High Resolution Audio vs Android vs Emby Mobile

Richard Branches

Richard Branches

I've been looking at some info about high resolution audio support on Android and all I've seen is complaints about poor support by the Android driver in this regard, where the driver resamples everything to 48Khz instead of playing the audio in its real resolution even on phones with DACs that support up to 192Khz.

In a previous release of Emby for Android mobile I saw the release notes saying the app was supporting high res on phones that support it, but given the above situation I wonder what the Emby app actually supports in this regard.

One suggestion could be adding the real output the app is giving in the "Stats for nerds" option inside the cog icon in the now playing screen:

Screenshot.thumb.jpg.1774fc4bf0756954a74b5ccbb8b838a2.jpg

• Like 3

Hi, yes we can certainly look at expanding on that information in future updates. thanks.

Richard Branches

Can you please then move this topic to the feature requests section?

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
Richard Branches
Posted (edited)
On 1/24/2022 at 12:24 PM, Luke said:

Hi, yes we can certainly look at expanding on that information in future updates. thanks.

But what does the app do? is it outputting the real resolution or is it resampling everything to 48 khz as well?.

Edited by Richard Branches

On 3/19/2022 at 8:02 PM, Richard Branches said:

But what does the app do? is it outputting the real resolution or is it resampling everything to 48 khz as well?.

We are configuring the player we're embedding to not resample so it should not be, when possible.